Monday 8 August 2011

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - BRENDA MCCREIGHT

BRENDA MC CREIGHT wrote CLEAH ; THE LOST FURY CHRONICLES and also REGARDS.


What is your name? where were you born? and where do you live?
Brenda McCreight born in Nelson B.C. and now live in Nanaimo B.C. Canada


What is the name of your latest book? and if you had to summarise it in less than twenty words what would you say?
Cleah; The Lost Fury Chronicles - The story of a young slave who finds courage, love and adventure in a land of intrigue and magic.


Do you have any plans for a new book? Is this book part of a seires?
Yes I am half way through the second Lost Fury Chronicles and there will be a third. I will also be writing a sequel to the Shay James mystery series.


How long have you been writing? and who inspired you to write?
I  always thought about writing and I often wonder why on earth didn't I follow that route out of high school? However when I finished my Doctoral dissertation I realized I had written the same number of words that would be required for a novel - so I sat down and started writing. Having many children and a full time career has slowed me down, and given me many detours, but I keep at it.


Do you gift books to readers to review?
If asked I will do so. I don't think reviewers should have to pay for the books.


How do you come up with the title and Cover Designs for your book/books?
The titles are a real struggle for me . I hire professionals for the covers.


Who Designed the Cover of the book/books?
Some have been designed by Island Edge Graphics in Nanaimo  but I am looking elsewhere now.


Have you ever based characters on someone you know or based events on something that happened to you?
I don't base my characters on people I know, but I do take the more interesting character traits of some people that I have met along the way.


Is there a certain author that influenced you in writing?
Charles Dickens has always been my favourite writer - I don't write like him, but I think his narrative skill has greatly influenced me.


What is your favourite book and why? Have you read it more than once?
My favourite book of all time is The Book Theif by Markus Zusak. I thought it was brilliant and innovative and all that a book should be. I've only read it once because it feels too special to read again. Like a once in a lifetime treat.


Do you think books transfer to movies well? Which is your favourite/worst book to movie transfer?
I think The Lord Of The Rings transferred incredibly well. I didn't think the lemony Snicket one did so well.


What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it?
I'm currently reading Ron Bell's book  - Love Wins - that isn't fiction - its about his way of viewing Christianity - I love what he says and I find his way of writing interesting.


Is there a book you know you will never read? Or one you tried to read and couldn't finish?
I tried t read The Name of The Rose many, many times but can't get past the first few pages.


Is there anything in your book/books you would change now if you could and why?
No - There is no point in going back - I'm a better writer with each book so each has taught me something and I hope each has been enjoyable for others to read while I learned.


What do you think about Book Trailers?
I think they are very interesting and something I want to learn to do.


What piece of advice would you give a new writer?
Write, write again, and write somemore.


Do you ever use a pen name?
Nope - If I put it out in the Universe then I will take the blame or the credit.


Where can readers follow you? Do you have a Blog?
I have a blog where I write about the writing process as well as provide a showcase for other authors. I intend to start doing reviews soon.


Do you have a website?
http://wwww.brendamccreightblogspot.com

Do you have a FaceBook page?
Yes its called Brenda's Books


Is there any other information you would like to share with us?
Goodreads  http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10891850-cleah
Twitter  http://twitter.com/#!/
 http://www.amazon.com/Brenda-McCreight/e/B001K8MUZY


Thankyou for taking the time to do this Author Interview, and giving us a glimpse into your world of writing.








No comments:

Post a Comment