First of all, thank you for stopping by and please check out my Review Policy!
So I should probably begin by saying that I'm not a professional reviewer, and I don't get paid any cash for my reviews. I'm just a woman that love, love, loves books! I became a blogger partly to discover new books and find other people that like to read as much as I do, as well discovering great Authors. Also on a purely selfish level reading fits around my own health restrictions and my full time carer duties to my mum who lives with me.
So what do I do on my blog? I accept guest posts. I love doing interviews to learn more about the authors of the books I enjoy. I also like to participate in blog tours as well as doing my own promotional spotlights on authors and their books, their books series,as well as cover reveals and book character based posts and excerpts too. I also recently did a "Dream Cast" (where I list actors & actresses I feel would fit the rles should the book ever be made into a movie) for a book I had loved and thoroughly enjoyed that. I am open to suggestions if you have ideas for a "different" type of post.
I feel I really must stress that my reviews will always, always be honest and based on my own thoughts and feelings about the book. I will not and do not lie to please anyone, however I do try not to write completely bad reviews. I try to find something positive in everything I read. I do point out things I don't like but can always find something I did like about a book, so I draw attention to the good points as well as the points I didn't like. Lets face it, it would be a very, very boring world if we all liked the same and disliked the same. Imagine no different opinions and no debates! If I didn't like the book or aspects of the book I will still post my review.
My daughter Rachel also Guest Reviews for me though she has her own Blog too!
If you are an Indie/Self Published author or a World Famous Author with a large well known publisher, I'd be more than happy to read your book and write a review to promote your book here on my blog.
If you have any specific requests as to where you would like me to post my review please mention them. I have a list further down this post as to where I usually post and can post.
GENRES I ACCEPT
- Contemporary Fiction
- Dystopian/Post Apocalyptic
- Paranormal Romance (including mild erotica - will be post with a warning for young people).
- Urban Fantasy
- Zombie (like Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan or Generation Dead by Daniel Waters )
- Biographies, Autobiographies, & Memoirs
Even though the genre of your book may be listed above it is not a "set in stone guarantee that I will read it". I mean lets be honest hear not every book "grabs" you even if it is in a genre you usually read. If your genre is not listed above please ask me to take a look at your book, but please do not be offended if I say no, I would rather be honest about what I will and will not read. Also just because I may not read and review your book, it doesn't mean we can't do a promotional spotlight (my followers may still like your books) and of course we could also do an Author Interview, Cover Reveal, Guest Post or Excerpt.
GENRES I DONT ACCEPT
- Religous books
- Graphic Novels/Comic type
- Anime or Manga
FORMATS I ACCEPT:
- ARC'S / Galleys
- Bound books, ie paperbacks, hardbacks.
- eBooks (mobi or pdf or prc)
- Smashwords Coupons
- Amazon Gifted Books
- Audio Books
Though I do read a lot of ebooks, I still love a paperback every now and then! There's something about holding a book and the smell of books!
SOME OF WHAT I CAN INCLUDE IN MY REVIEWS:
- Cover Art
- Cover Comments (my opinion on the Cover)
- Date of release (if not already released)
- A summary (usually adapted from Goodreads or Amazon)
- My review
- Other books in the Series
- Sum up questions, ie.
I also love doing Author Interviews too, so please get in touch if you would like to take part in one. I also have a set of Questions aimed at books written by more than one Author.
WHERE DO I POST MY REVIEWS:
- Amazon.co.uk & Amazon.com
- Book Depository (if requested/applicable)
- Smashwords (if applicable)
- Netgalley (where applicable)
- Edelweiss (where applicable)
- Barnes & Noble ( if requested)
- On my blog of course!
If there is somewhere else you wish me to place the review, please request this and I will happily try to oblige.
PLEASE, KEEP THESE THINGS IN MIND:
- If you have sent me an e-mail to request a review and I don't answer, it is not because I don't want to read and review your book, it could be because your e-mail didn't reach me, or it was sent to spam so feel free to send me one more.
- I read as much and as fast as I can so my reviews can take between one week to a few months. If you need a special date just let me know and we can try to arrange it.
- This does not guarantee that I will write a review within a set time limit or even at all. As yet being unable to write a review for a book I have read has never happened, but I need to add this point just in case it ever does).
SUBMITING A REVIEW REQUEST:
- As I said, I'm more than happy to do an Interview, Guest Post, be part of a Blog Tour or host a Giveaway for a book to aid in it's promotion. (Obviously this is subject to me having the time to do the post and space on my blog to post it)
- To contact me please message me on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Sanz71 or message me on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4581719-sandra-jeanz-keys or leave a comment with contact details for me to message you back. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally thanks for dropping by and I hope you like my blog!