Sunday 21 August 2011

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - BETH KEPHART

Beth Kaphart is the author of You Are My Only among other books.


What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now? 
My name is Beth Kephart, and I was born in Wilmington, DE.  After moving all around as a kid, I settled outside Philadelphia to raise my family.


What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say?
YOU ARE MY ONLY, my thirteenth book and sixth young adult novel, is a story about a child, Sophie, who has been denied her proper childhood, and who is fighting toward truth and kindness.


Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
I don’t have any series, but I do have a new book due out next summer from Tamra Tuller at Philomel, called SMALL DAMAGES.


How long have you been writing?, and who or what inspired you to write?
I have been writing since I was nine. I have always loved the sound of words.


 
How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book/books? Who designed the Cover of your books?

Neil Swaab designed the covers for DANGEROUS NEIGHBOURS and YOU ARE MY ONLY.  I love these covers.


Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you?
Absolutely.  It gets me closer to my characters.


Which format of book do you prefer, ebook,hardback, or paperback?
A good book is a good book, regardless of format.  I read on the iPad2, I buy a lot of hard covers, I have a nice paperback collection.


What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it?(ebook, hardback or paperback)
I just read PLEASE IGNORE VERA DIETZ by A.S. King and loved it.  My blog review tells readers just how much I loved it






Where can readers follow you?


Best to travel to my blog, I’d say, or to look for me on Facebook, Goodreads, JacketFlap, or LinkedIn.

My blog is the best source, though, and it is located here: http://beth-kephart.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment