- What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now? My name is Jamie Lynn Dougherty I was born and raised In Ramona CA which is a rural area of San Diego County in Southern California. I still reside there with my family.
- What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say? The Title of my most current and first book is "The Guardian's Kiss" ..... A paranormal trip into the world of good vs evil. Angels, Demons, and something a little in between.And down deep a love story.
- Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series? I am currently working on two at the moment. A second installment to this series. Which will be called "The Guardian's Soul" And a whole new series. The first book in the series will be titled "Hearts of Sand"
- How long have you been writing?, and who or what inspired you to write? I have done creative writing since High School but never built the courage to share any of it till recent. I was having a lot of vivid dreams. Ones that would last every night for days on end. I would think about them all day. So I began to jot them down in journals, on my phone, even scrap pieces of paper. The more I wrote down the less frequent my dreams became. What ever my brain was thinking, it could only get it out when the rest of me wasn't fighting against it. lol
- Do you gift books to readers to do reviews? Yes
- How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book/books?Who designed the Cover of your books? When I look for books myself, I look for something that is bold and eye catching. Something that gives me a hint at what I am about to read but still contains the secrets that are bound in the pages. So I wanted to stick with what I would look for myself. I have created my covers and title so far. I also have a background in art and design.
- Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you? I do base my characters on people I know. I like to borrow personalities or quirks that I think fit in what I am writing. I feel it gives the characters more life and the reader can find them more relatable.
- Is there a certain Author that influenced you in writing? There are a few, but the most important two are Anne Rice and Stephen King. They were the first I really got into in High School. I loved the way they were able to elaborately tell a story without over doing it. Giving you imagination and originality. I hope to accomplish that one day.
- Which format of book do you prefer, ebook,hardback, or paperback? I now prefer ebook. I find myself reading more in ebook format. I think the intimidation of seeing all of those book pages is gone when I read on an ereader.
- What is your favourite book and Why? Have you read it more than once? Oh that is a hard one. I would have to say favorite of all times "Lord of the Flies". I have read a couple of times. I have many favorites though and they change quite often.
- Do you think books transfer to movies well? Which is you favourite/worst book to movie transfer? In my opinion the book is always better. My favorite book to movie would have to be Lord of The Rings.
- What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it?(ebook, hardback or paperback) I am currently trying to find time to read. But when I sneak in a minute here and there, it is Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich. And it is in ebook.
- Is there a book you know you will never read? Or one you tried to read but just couldn't finish? Vampire Diaries. I couldn't get past the self shallowness of the main character. The story line of what I did read was great though.
- Are there any New Authors you are interested in for us to watch out for? and Why should we watch out for them? I love what Patti Roberts is doing!
- Is there anything in your book/books you would change now if you could and what would it be? I would go back and smooth out the beginning of my first book. I feel it is a little rushed. I didn't give the characters justice in the first couple chapters. But I have to leave it be or I may just over think the whole piece. It is currently in the process of final edit. So we will see if I need to change anything after that.
- What do you think about book trailers? I think they are a great way to entice readers. I think they may catch more attention and can bring a book to life in a way,
- What piece of advice would you give to a new writer? You have to put yourself out there. Don't be afraid of rejection. There will always be people who may not like your work, but there will also be just as many, if not more who will find your writing enjoyable. Don't be afraid to try.
- Do you or would you ever use a pen name? No
Your blog details? http://jamielynndoughertyauthor.blogspot.com
Your web site ?
Your facebook page? http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jamie-Lynn-Dougherty-Books/235320719843672
Your Goodreads author page? http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5004103.Jamie_Dougherty
Your Twitter details? https://twitter.com/#!/jaylynnscraps
And any other information you wish to supply? Amazon Kindle page : http://www.amazon.com/Guardians-Kiss-Samantha-Brand-ebook/dp/B0058TTG4E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313522803&sr=8-1
Here is also a link to my Book trailer.
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oJUhvBsSOB4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Thank You for taking part in this interview, allowing us a glimpse into your world of writing.