Sunday 28 August 2011

FALLEN BY LAUREN KATE







There is something really oddly and achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori but Luce just can't seem to realise or remember what it is.
Daniel is mysterious and aloof and he captures the attention of Luce Price from the moment she claps eyes on him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. Daniel is the one and only bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden. All the other students are  screw-ups, and there are security cameras that watch your every move.
But even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce, in fact he goes out of his way to make that very clear, Luce can’t really let it go. Luce is drawn to him rather like a moth is to a flame. Luce has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if that information and knowledge kills her.



I know from what I have read on other review blogs that I am most likely in the minority here but , I pride myself on giving an honest review which is my own opinion and I truly did not like this book as much as I thought I would. I found it slow and laborious in its story especially at the beginning. I was wanting something to happen but it just seemed to drone on and on. I did however persist in reading it right to the very end. Finally very near the end of the story it really picked up and things became clearer and made more sense, so much so, that I found myself wondering whether to buy book two in the series. So I have to conclude that I found the first two thirds of the book too uneventful, but the last third of the book seemed to have all the action crammed into it, so that even though I didn't enjoy it as much as other books it strangely hasn't put me off trying other books by the same author and even other books in the series.


Available at Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk £4.49 paperback £3.99 kindle. Play.com £4.49 and Bookdepository.co.uk £4.29

No comments:

Post a Comment