Saturday 20 August 2011

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - AMY LICHTENHAN

Amy Lichtenhan is the author of Take This Regret and  Pulled.





What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?

Amy Lichtenhan.  I was born in Cody, Wyoming and now live in Tucson, Arizona.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say?
Take This Regret. When you betray the one you love, how hard are you willing to fight to make it right?

Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Right now I’m working on the first book in a dark fantasy series.  I’m absolutely loving how the characters and plot are coming together.

How long have you been writing?, and who or what inspired you to write?
While in college I wrote a lot of poetry, but it wasn’t until three years ago when I picked back up my pen and began writing again. I’d started to read a lot again, and somewhat out of the blue, a scene and the faces of two characters had popped in my head.  I remember thinking, I’d like to read that in a book.  Well, I couldn’t stop thinking about it and the story line had built to the point that I just started to writing and it later became my debut release, Pulled.

How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book/books?Who designed the Cover of your books?
The title usually comes to me as I’m writing the book, usually a phrase or theme that comes to mind as the book takes shape.
For both Pulled and Take This Regret, I had an idea in mind for what I wanted for the covers, and my husband helped me search to find photos to make that idea work.  That idea was then sent to my publisher to do the layout and design.  Pulled’s cover is my favorite!

Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you?
Not directly, but I definitely do use people I know and circumstances I’ve been through for inspiration. For example, I have the sweetest little niece named Parker.  I used her mannerisms and personality traits as inspiration for the little girl in Take This Regret.

Is there a certain Author that influenced you in writing?
I love the unique writing style in Janet Mitchell’s White Oleander.  It helped me to see I didn’t have to put myself in a box when writing.

Which format of book do you prefer, ebook,hardback, or paperback?
Ah tricky question. I have a Nook that I love! It’s so easy to download a book and have it to start right then, but I do have to say I much prefer the way a paperback feels in my hands.

What is your favourite book and Why?  Have you read it more than once?
Don’t make me pick just one!

Do you think books transfer to movies well? Which is you favourite/worst  book to movie transfer?
I think they definitely can as long as we don’t expect them to be exactly like the book.  In a movie, we can’t see a character’s inner thoughts, so I don’t believe there’s any possible way for them to ever be as good as the book. If we know that going in, the movie transfers can be great.
It might be too obvious, but I think the Harry Potter movies were excellent.

What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it?(ebook, hardback or paperback)
Right now I’m reading Heaven on my Nook. I’ve been trying to expand my reading to include more YA, and this one I’m definitely enjoying even though I’m only about 20% in.

Is there a book you know you will never read? Or one you tried to read but just couldn't finish?
This may sound terrible, but I have more books on my Nook that I’ve started and not finished than ones I have finished.  If a book hasn’t won me over in the first couple of chapters, I usually will stop reading it because there is just so much good stuff out there to waste my time on something I’m not enjoying.

What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?
One thing that has been an incredible help to me are my pre-readers. I have two friends who are avid readers who read each chapter as I write them. They share with me what they liked, what they didn’t like, and parts that may have been confusing or needed clarification. It really helps me to know I’m on track and gives me the encouragement I need to keep going.

Do you or would you ever use a pen name?
I haven’t yet, although I’m considering it for my paranormal series since it’s a pretty big step away from my normal contemporary romance.
So here’s a question for your followers ~ Would you be interested in reading a book by one of your favourite authors even if it were in a different genre? Or do you think you might feel disappointed because it wasn’t what you’d come to expect?



Where can readers follow you?

Your blog details?  http://bit.ly/AmyLichtenhanBlog
Your web site ?  www.amylichtenhan.com
Your facebook page?  http://on.fb.me/AmyLichtenhanFBAuthorPage
Your Goodreads author page?  http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4665585.Amy_Lichtenhan
Your Twitter details?  www.twitter.com/midnitemurmurer
And any other information you wish to supply?  TWCS Publishing House ~ http://bit.ly/TWCSAmyLichtenhan



Thank you for taking the time to do this interview! and for the small glimpse into your world of writing.





No comments:

Post a Comment