Monday 29 August 2011

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - KRYSTAL MCLAUGHLIN


Krystal McLaughlin wrote Witches Lottery and Dragon Forsaken among others.




Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Yes! Right now I am working on a book entitled Guardian of the Realm: A Faerie Tale and soon after I will be writing the third book in The Enchanted Island Series which will be entitled The Goblin's Daughter.

How long have you been writing?, and who or what inspired you to write?
I have been writing as long as I can remember. I would have to say that my earliest inspirations were other authors like RL Stine and Christopher Pike.

How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book/books?Who designed the Cover of your books?
The titles usually come before the stories for me. As for the cover design, I am lucky to have a very talented best friend and we just sort of collaborate together.

Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you?
All of the time! In The Witches Lottery, Sophia and her younger brother Drew lose their parents. My own father passed away when I was in high school so the emotion and uncertainty they are feeling is true.

Is there a certain Author that influenced you in writing?
I would say that JK Rowling influenced my decision to write young adult fiction. I am a pretty huge Harry Potter fan and the series reintroduced my love of the genre!

Which format of book do you prefer, ebook,hardback, or paperback?
I am still old school and prefer paperback to anything else. Something about the smell of new paper, the sound when you turn crisp new pages, and the comfort of holding an old friend in your hands :)

What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it?(ebook, hardback or paperback)
I am currently reading Diary of a Seventh Grade Hybrid by Lee Mavin. I love his narrator Ziggy and am enjoying it very much!
Are there any New Authors you are interested in for us to watch out for? and Why should we watch out for them?
Lee J Mavin is a great one... He is continuing Ziggy's story in a series and I am looking forward to hearing what happens to him.

What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?
Follow your heart and your instincts. I usually find that when I think something I am writing isn't good, after a few days, when I re-read it... it's almost always exactly what I wanted :)

Do you or would you ever use a pen name?
I am not sure about this. Krystal McLaughlin is my legal name currently, however, soon it will change back to my maiden name. Since I have already used Krystal McLaughlin, I will probably stick with it, but don't be surprised if you ever see a book out there by Krystal George!

Your blog details?
krystalmclaughlin.blogspot.com
Your facebook page?
Krystal McLaughlin

Your Goodreads author page?
Krystal McLaughlin

Your Twitter details?
@witcheslottery
My books, The Witches Lottery and A Dragon Forsaken, can be found on Amazon as both ebooks and paperback, Barnes and Noble as ebooks, and Smashwords as ebooks!




No comments:

Post a Comment