Wednesday 17 August 2011

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - JOSHUAH BUCKLE

Joshuah Buckle wrote The Rise.





1 - What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
My name is Joshuah Buckle and I was born in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia on the 9th of August 1985. I currently live with my amazing wife in Hervey Bay, Queensland, a nice beach town.
2 - What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say?
My latest novel is called ‘The Rise’, It is a supernatural fiction, angels & demons, good versus evil with a twist ending.
3 - Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
I am currently working on book two entitled ‘Leneya’, and there is a chance for a possible third in the series.
4 - How long have you been writing?, and who or what inspired you to write?
I have been writing for a few years, mostly creating ideas for television series and feature films scripts.
6 - How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book/books? Who designed the Cover of your books?
I have owned my own small photography and design company and I have created my own cover for my novel. The
inspiration just comes from my book itself, what I see in my head is what I try to create on the front.
7 - Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you?
I usually use friend’s names and mannerisms in stories I create. One of my friends must be thinking something is wrong because the characters I name after him usually end up dying.
8 - Is there a certain Author that influenced you in writing?
Funnily enough I am not a big reader, my creativity stems from movies, television and the world itself.
9 - Which format of book do you prefer, ebook, hardback, or paperback?
I love the feel of a paperback and the look of a hardcover. There is nothing like being able to pick up and hold a book.
11 - Do you think books transfer to movies well? Which is you favourite/worst book to movie transfer?
I believe a book can translate well but the original writer must be involved. Obviously it needs to be retold for screen but taking it to far just makes the fans upset.
15 -  Is there anything in your book/books you would change now if you could and what would it be?
Nothing no, what I wrote then may be different to what I would write now, but that’s the person I was when I wrote it and it should stay that way.
16 - What do you think about book trailers?
Most book trailers I have seen are just some stock images and text and it turns me off. I am currently in development of a feature film style movie trailer for my book. We already have actors involved and the storyboards are ready.
17 - What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?
Write…
Where can readers follow you?

Your web site ?

Your facebook page?

Your Twitter details?



Thank you for taking the time away from your writing to do this interview and giving us a glimpse of your world of writing.


The Rise is now available from Amazon.com $11.39

1 comment:

  1. Just wanting to share that 'The Rise' book #1 has been released on ebook today @ https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/85791

    ReplyDelete