Wednesday 31 August 2011

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - RICHARD DENNEY




What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now? 
Richard Denney, born in Lynwood, California and I currently reside in El Paso, Texas. 

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarize it in less than 20 words what would you say? 
My latest book is “Hillserpent Academy” and it’s a LGBT YA fantasy novel, surrounding a homosexual protagonist named Owen Davinforth, who has to deal with some pretty intense things in the book. 

Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series? 
Yes, my third book “The Immortalists” comes out this winter 2011 and it will be a middle-grade fantasy trilogy. 

How long have you been writing?, and who or what inspired you to write? 
I’ve been writing since I was twelve and I was inspired by the blank pages of a composition book. 
Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you? No, I have never based my characters off of real people, my characters live in my head only… or so I think. They might have lives off of the page, but I am blind to that. 

Is there a certain Author that influenced you in writing? 
J.K. Rowling and John Bellairs. I can’t pick one. 

Which format of book do you prefer, ebook,hardback, or paperback? 
Paperback, I love how durable and easy it is to carry around. 

What is your favourite book and Why? Have you read it more than once? 

“The lamp from the warlock’s tomb” by John Bellairs, I’ve read it 15 times… or more. 

What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it? I am currently reading “Witch Eyes” by Scott Tracey and it is in paperback. I am enjoying it so far, it’s a very interesting read. 


What do you think about book trailers? 
I love book trailers, I make my own from my books. I think it’s a great way to get attention for the book and they are fun and interesting to watch. 

What piece of advice would you give to a new writer? 
Write what you love. Don’t write a vampire novel just because it’s in, because to be honest, if you write something that you are not putting your heart in, in will turn out to be a pile of cow poo. 

Do you or would you ever use a pen name? 

No, I love my name and if I were to ever change it for writing, I’d probably pick something very crazy and complicated. 

THANKS FOR THE QUESTIONS! 
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT ME 
PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINKS BELOW. 


- Richard Denney 

You can visit, check out my books & contact me here

www.youtube.com/MrRichardDenney 
www.thebookwhore.blogspot.com 
www.twitter.com/RichardDenney88 

www.goodreads.com/RichardDenney




Thank you for taking the time out of your writing schedule to do this interview, allowing us a glimpse into your writing world.

No comments:

Post a Comment