Tuesday 23 August 2011

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - K.P. SMITH

K.P.Smith is the author of Growing Pains Kendra's Diary.







Where were you born and where do you live now?
I was born raised and currently reside in New Orleans, LA.

Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
I am writing the Growing Pains Series. Growing Pains: Kendra’s Diaries (available now) is the first book in the series.
I am currently working on the second book in the series; tentatively titled A New Beginning.

Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you?
The series is “loosely” built on my life. So I am borrowing some names, situations, and instances for the foundation and allowing my imagination to take over after that.

Is there a certain Author that influenced you in writing?
 I have been reading since about 9. Good books have inspired me to write a good one. Some of my favourite authors since I began reading have been Judy Blume, Mary Lou Higgins Clark, V.C. Andrews, Terry McMillan, Sydney Shelton, Danielle Steel and James Paterson. I will stop there yes I have been reading a long time.

 Which format of book do you prefer, ebook,hardback, or paperback?
 As an author it doesn’t matter. As a reader paperback hands down. I love the feel of a book. I often read when falling asleep and I can put the paperback underneath my pillow (hardcover too hard) and when the morning light creeps through the curtains I pick up where I left off the night before.

 Do you think books transfer to movies well?
 It is on a case by case basis. I know the two mediums are different but I hate when the change the theme/essence of a book when it is transferred to the big screen.

Which is you favourite/worst book to movie transfer? 
 Some of my favourites have been The Firm, Waiting to Exhale, Minority Report,The Bridges over Madison County and Twilight.

What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it?(ebook, hardback or paperback) 10thAnniversary by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro. Hardcover; not in paperback yet. So I will have to put it on my night stand when I am falling asleep and not under my pillow!

What do you think about book trailers?
 My first one is being finished as we speak. I hope I have a lot of good things to say about it real soon.

What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?
 It is a marathon and not a sprint. Stay Positive, Keep it Moving & Never Ever Give Up!




Thank you for taking the time to do this interview, and allowing us a glimpse into your world of writing.



No comments:

Post a Comment