Wednesday 28 December 2011

BOOKS I HAVE READ AND RECOMMEND FOR YOUR WISHLISTS!



So hope you are all having a Great Christmas, did you get books as presents? or a gift of a kindle? or do have Christmas money to spend...on books of course? I have compiled a list of books that I would recommend you have on your wishlist or to buy lists!




Books with Angels/Angelic beings in them.


The Seamstresses by Elle Lapraim
"What a lovely heart warming, thought provoking, short story"


Paradox; The Angel's Are Here by Patti Roberts,
"I enjoyed the whole notion of Grace having a kind of past life in the first dimension and getting flashbacks to her previous lives , losses, and troubles"
Paradox; Progeny Of Innocence is bk 2 in the series also now out and available to buy.


Crossroads by Mary Ting
"What a beautifully written book! A definite must, must read!"


The Bringer  by Samantha Towle
"There are angels in this story both good and bad, as well as characters who are not who they at first seem to be, it all adds to the mystery of what will happen."








"Real~Life" Feel but Fiction Books.


Forever Sunshine  by Collette Scott
"This book may be a novel but it is so true to life, it could have actually happened. Brilliant book that I read in only two sittings!"
Hannah's Blessing  by  Collette Scott
"I again enjoyed this book by Collette Scott, I love how she writes and describes things. Collette has a way of including you in the story, so you are really curious as to what is going to happen next. " Guest Review by Ena
If We Dare To Dream  by Collette Scott
"I feel so privileged at being allowed to read this book before it has even officially been published. I would recommend this book totally. In my opinion it is suitable for a wide age range. I tend to read a lot of fantasy, mystical,and paranormal books so this isn't in my heavily read genre but I can honestly say I have thoroughly enjoyed the journey it took me on reading it."


Twenty Weeks  by  Melisa Hamling
"The book also shows how school friendships change, people whom you thought were friends that abandon you at the first sign of controversy. it depicts the bitchiness that goes on in today's schools, so comes across realistic."


The Girl In The Box  by Sheila Dalton
"I couldn't help but love the character of Inez and when you learn her full story your heart breaks for her, she has seen so much and been through so much in her relatively short life. "




True Stories/Memoirs


What About The Boy  by Stephen Gallup
"My blood boiled on occasion during the book at the ignorance and interference of people who did not know or take the time to get to know Joseph and his family. Susannah sounds an absolutely caring child and the way she is with Joseph in the book is brilliant, and I feel from the book that Joseph is probably secretly proud of his sibling too. Well I will end my review here or I will go on forever and ever, basically go out and buy the book it truly is an inspirational, heart breaking yet heart warming book"


Wild Swans by Jung Chang
"This book is an unusual window into the lives of three women throughout the history of China. This book if gripping, at times moving and in parts even uplifting."


Surviving The Angel Of Death  by Eva Mozes Korr & Lisa Rojanni Buccier
"This book covers an horrific time in history, a time that should never be forgotten, did the world learn from the atrocities that occurred, not really as war and segregation still seem to be occurring in todays so called modern world. I could seriously go on and on about this book, about the people who turned a blind eye when Eva's family were taken from their village, there is so much covered in the book. the cover must send a chill down your spine as I know it does mine."


One Little Speck  by Gaynor Goodchild
"I think it was extremely brave of Gaynor to tell her story with nothing held back. As someone who has seen and lived  life with Domestic Violence it is a difficult subject to talk about alone, yet Gaynor manages to speak about that as well as her added addictions of alcohol and drugs."




Vampire Novel's


The Vampire Shrink by Lynda Hilburn
" I cannot recommend it enough, its vampires but not in the usual glittering, sugar coated teen way. This is Vampires for the mums!The book is brilliantly written, the descriptions of the emotions so good you can almost feel what the characters are feeling"


A Job From Hell by Jayde Scott
"Chick lit with a bit of bite thrown in ! (if you'll pardon the pun!) Definitely want to read more of Jayde Scott's books."
Doomed by Jayde Scott is bk 2 in the series and is also out now!




Shifter Novel's


Low Red Moon  by Ivy Devlin
"I really enjoyed this brilliant book and wonder what the identity of the acclaimed author as Ivy Devlin is a pseudonym she is using. All I can say is if you loved Shiver, or Twilight you will adore this Teen novel."


Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Barnes
"Wanted to try this book as I had never read anything by this author before, and I didn't regret my decision. It has mystery and intrigue. It looks at how Bryn has fitted in to pack life, it has close friendships, the type where you would die for each other and also a touch of romance."


Tempting The Enemy  by  Dee Tenorio
" A definite"I recommend to read" I also have to add I love the cover, I presume it is a picture of Jade-Scarlett. Her eyes draw you into wanting to know more about her too, and of course wanting to read the book. I think a cover is the first thing that catches your attention with a book."
Deceiving The Protector by Dee Tenorio
"Oh Wow I loved this book.....I really did, it is up there with The Shifter Series by Rachel Vincent and the Kelley Armstrong Women Of The Otherworld Series! and to be totally honest I never thought I would find a shifter series as great! I just want to read more...... Dee please tell us there's going to be lots
more? The possibilities seem endless, I mean we haven't actually been in Ressurection yet, well, only briefly so there are many more shifters to meet and their stories to tell."


Cry Wolf  by Patricia Briggs
"I enjoyed following Anna's life, she starts out kind of downtrodden, the bottom of the pack ladder. Anna puts up with awful things happening to her. Then she meets one of the most powerful werewolves in the country who wants her for his pack."






Action/Mystery/Suspense


For Every Action There Are Consequences  by Gail Baugniet 
" I would compare it to books by Tess Gerritsen and Karin Slaughter...maybe perhaps not as gory but definitely as good!
"For Every Action There Are Consequences" is a true statement that is reiterated throughout this novel and within the plot line and in many of it's characters too."

Piercing Through The Darkness by Emerald Barnes
"This is quite a short story but very enjoyable. I enjoyed seeing the tragic accident from both points of view, from Kandi's when she finally remembers it and of course the devastation that her biology teacher Mr Chandler went through and is still going through now because of it."


The Good,The Bad, And The Murderous by Chester Campbell
"I hadn't read book one of the series but it didn't really matter, and it certainly didn't spoil my enjoyment of this book. Its a well written book full of action and suspense. I really liked how the chapters are organised as i hate to stop reading half way through a chapter. the Chapters in this book were kept to a reasonable size for you to decide to stop reading to just read to the end of the nearest Chapter."




Other Paranormal 


Seers  by Heather Frost
The way it swaps and is told from Kates point of view and then Patrick's point of view is really good too because you are able to get their individual reactions to the same situations.Wow what a brilliant book."


Beloved Lifemate  by   Jodie B Cooper
"Am looking forward to reading more of Miranda and Colin's tale. I hope there is more of Miranda and Colin, that's the only fault I had, I wished it was longer,...a full length novel. I would also say that this series is aimed at the older teen/adult due to the content."
A Dragon's Dream of Love by  Jodie B Cooper
"I really enjoyed this short tale, it had romance, paranormals and much more! It is so well written you feel Leah's desperation to find a good dragon, you also fell her starting to fall in love with Derek."
Stolen  by Jodie B Cooper 
"I really loved this short novels series, only disappointment that I wanted each of the novels to be longer! I loved how well the awkwardness between Eric and Katrina as they go through puberty was portrayed."




Dystopian 


Delirium  by Lauren Oliver
"So to sum up, because I have to sum up even though i feel like I could go on forever talking about this book. So to sum up a brilliant book, that did in parts remind me of Matched by Ally Condie ~ the whole being paired up scientifically, the book also reminded me of Divergent by Veronica Roth ~ with the evaluations that have to be undertaken at a set age. As I loved both those books I loved this one too. What more can I say than go buy it and read it now!"
Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver is due out in 2012
"This is the second book in this series and is full of danger, with more forbidden romance and the beautifully descriptive writing we expect from Lauren Oliver"


Outside by Shalini Boland
"The whole idea of the rioters and having to build perimeters was actually made even more believable by the awful riots going on in the UK whilst I was reading this not so far fetched novel. If you love dystopian you will love this, in fact I would call it a must read for dystopian fans! I have also heard from the author that there is a sequel in the process of being written."


Ashfall by Mike Mullin
"This book in my opinion falls into the dystopian category, but it has love, longing,tragedy, murder, suspense and even a little humour thrown in. I certainly recommend this book as a must read , and I am looking forward eagerly to book two!"


Matched by  Ally Condie
"Another great book that I seriously could not put down. A very different concept, kind of a futuristic version of an arranged marriage. Descriptions are detailed, for example you can visualise the dress Cassia wears at her Matching ceremony, and you really do understand how she must be feeling too."
Crossed by Ally Condie is also now available and on my wish list!


Birthmarked by Caragh O'Brien
"The story also covers the fact Gaia has a burn scarring her face which she believes makes her ugly and unlovable etc. Gaia later learns how she came about this scarring and why. At times you actually ache for the character."
Prized by Caragh O'Brien
"I loved the cameraderie of Josephine and Dinah and the fact they quickly accepted Gaia for who she truly was. I even enjoyed the blinkeredness of the cuzines so set in their old ways.
The book ends in such a way as to set the scene for a book 3....so I will be impatiently waiting lol"



Fey/Fae/Fairies


Feyland  by Anthea Sharp
"I loved this book, there is something going on all the time, it really keeps your attention,whether it is learning more about Tam's life in the Exe where he lives with his younger brother and his mum, or whether it is "life" in the sim game. The places within Feyland are described so well you can picture them. 
The characters are really likeable and you care about them straightaway."

Coexist  by  Julia Crane
"The book is more aimed to the YA/Teen market but as you will see from my profile information I am certainly no teen but I still really enjoyed this book. it really flowed, not sure how else to describe it other than to say it was written in a way that led you through the story, it wasn't taxing in any way. Yes you get attached to the characters too, you feel Keegan's need to see Rourk. You feel the frustration of Rourk watching Keegan from distance and his jealousy when she talks to boys at school."
Conflicted   by   Julia Crane is now also available and in my to-read pile!






Otherworld


Twin-Bred   by   Karen A Wyle
" The story shows the issues of trust and different races learning to live together in peace. I could go on more and more about this book but do not wish to include spoilers, but I would compare this book to Across the Universe by Beth Revis."


Across The Universe  by   Beth Revis
"This book was totally different to the other books I had been reading at the time. I liked the whole different idea of a space ship transporting people to populate another planet. It was quite a complicated plot really, but I feel it was well written and easy to follow. After a slow beginning the pace of the book picked up and I enjoyed reading it."




These are just a few of the books I have read and reviewed and would recommend, I could go on with this list forever, but hopefully these will give you a good start to choose from. There are lots more reviews please take a look at the A ~ Z listing. 




Wishing you all a Happy Book Filled New Year!















No comments:

Post a Comment