Monday 26 December 2011

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - GEORGIA CATES





1.      Do you work another job as well as your writing work?

Many authors know they want to be writers from the time they are young children, but that was not the case for me. I always wanted to assist in the delivery of babies and that’s what I have done for the past 13 years as a labor and delivery nurse. It has been a fulfilling career, but I became restless about 2 years ago, as my desire to write grew stronger.


2.      How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?

I “toyed” with the idea of writing Blood of Anteros for about 2 years before I finally sat down and became serious about it. It is my first book and I kept thinking, “I’ll do it one day.” It evolved several times during those 2 years before it solidified into what it is today, but it really took about 3 months to write and edit once I actually got started.


3.      What can we expect from you in the future?  ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?

I will never leave the romance genre. Will it always include vampires? No. I want to complete The Vampire Agápe Series before I tackle another project, but I do have some ideas floating around that I’m super excited about attempting.


4.      Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?

Blood of Anteros is the first book in The Vampire Agápe Series and my current project is Blood Jewel, the second book of The Vampire Agápe Series. I’m pleased with the process and where’s it’s going. Curry and Chansey’s story continues and new characters will be introduced, both lovable and hatable. Impossible decisions must be made, even if the effects are devastating.


5.      Do you have a favorite character from your books? and why are they your favorite?

There is no doubt that Curry Brennan is my favorite character and Blood of Anteros is written from his point of view. I wanted the reader to see what a beautiful person he was by hearing his thoughts and feelings instead of getting bits and pieces from statements he was willing to make. (Let’s face it. Men aren’t always forthcoming with their thoughts.) His story is devastating and you can’t help but cheer him on and want the happy ending for him.


6.      Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?

Didn’t curiosity kill the cat? I read every review that I can find. I have to if I want to grow from what my readers say about my story. I want to know what they liked or didn’t like. I take the good with the bad and treat it all as a learning experience.


7.      How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book/books?Who designed the Cover of your books?

The Vampire Agápe has the Blood of Anteros, the god of unrequited love, running through her veins. What does that mean? You’ll have to read the book to find out, but nothing in this book is random. Each element builds upon the next until you solve the mystery of what the Agápe is.

Besides being a nurse and writer, I am also a part time graphic designer, so I have a leg up when it comes to graphics. I designed my own book cover, which a lot of writers do, but not very well. I am married to the world’s best graphic designer, so I was taught by the best.


8.      What do you think makes a book a really good/bestseller?

The reader must be able to escape reality. The best books give you a sickening feeling when you’re finished because you’re so sad there’s not more for you to read.


9.      Is there anything in your book/books you would change now if you could and what would it be?

I think any writer that says they wouldn’t change something about his or her book is lying. Of course, there are things I would change. Blood of Anteros has a slow start due to laying the foundation for how the Agápe came to be. A lot of readers are impatient and want to jump head first into the romance, but that doesn’t happen in chapter one for Blood of Anteros and I think some readers are put off by this.

10.  What do you think about book trailers?
         
I absolutely love book trailers. They give your potential reader some additional insight into what to expect from your book. The visual and musical stimuli can create emotions about the book before a word is ever read. I was encouraged by a fellow indie author to create a book trailer and I’m so glad I took her advice. The following is the link and embed for the book trailer for Blood of Anteros.











http://youtu.be/_LbJpi3vEOA

Where can readers follow you?
Your web site ?
Your facebook page?
Your Goodreads author page?
Your Twitter details?



Links to Purchase Blood of Anteros:

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for the opportunity to be featured as a guest. Hope everyone had a Happy Holiday!

    ReplyDelete