Friday 23 December 2011

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - QUINN LOFTIS








What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
Quinn Loftis, Fort Smith Arkansas

Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?
Yes, writing has always been a passion. I can remember writing poems even in grade school.

When did you first consider yourself as a "writer"?
Probably in high school when I wrote a poem on the Civil War and my history teacher had it published in a magazine. Of course did I get a copy…no that would have been to smart of me

Do you work another job as well as your writing work?
Yes, I am an LPN two days a week for and Endocrinologist.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say?
Blood Rites, Book 2 in the Grey Wolves Series. Love story filled with werewolves, action, humor, passion, intense sarcasm, three best friends, many hot Romanian werewolves.

Who is your publisher? or do you self publish?
I'm self published

How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?
Blood Rites took 3 1/2 months to write, edit and edit again.

Which of your books were easier/harder to write than the others?
Blood Rites was easier to write than the first book, Prince of Wolves, I think because I knew the characters and had a feel for their personalities. I also had more of an idea of where I wanted the story to go.

What can we expect from you in the future?  ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?
More books in this series. Definitely more in this genre. Although I will be writing a book that is teen fiction that is not paranormal called Behind the Band Hall doors, it's filled with humor and will give readers a look at band life in high school, although it will be fiction I will use some of my experiences from when I was in band to write it

Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
The book I'm working on now is Just One Drop it is Book 3 in the Grey Wolves Series.

What genre would you place your books into?
Teen Paranormal Romance

Do you have a favourite character from your books? and why are they your favourite?
As of right now Jen is my favorite, she is such a fun character to write. So full of emotions and sarcasm.

Do you have anybody read your books and give you reviews before you officially release them?
Yes I have several Beta readers who read them and give me their brutally honest opinions for which I am eternally grateful…you know who you are.

Do you gift books to readers to do reviews?
Yes, I actually try to pick 3 people a month from my goodreads list where I see people have marked my books as to read or wish list and will offer it to them for free with no strings attached.

Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?
Yes, painful and not so painful.

What was the toughest/best review you have ever had?
The toughest is one that I have referenced on my website. It was painful enough that I felt the need to address it. The best, well honestly every time I get a positive review I'm just so thankful and feel so blessed that someone thinks my books are worth their time. So every positive review means the most to me. If that makes sense.

Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you?
Yes, in fact the characters in this series are loosely based off my best friends in high school. I think sometimes the best writing material is simply experience.

 Do you think ebooks will ever totally replace printed books?
No I don't. I think there are lots of people who simply love the feel of a book in their hands, or like me love the smell of book pages.

What do you think about book trailers?
I love them, I think they are really cool. In fact I have one for Blood Rites, 
Book Trailer: http://youtu.be/GcjJU2vI3tI

What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?
Write, write and write some more. Don't get discouraged. Remember all great writers had to start somewhere!

Do you or would you ever use a pen name?
I considered using my maiden name: Quinn Troche'

Where can readers follow you?

Your blog details? http://www.quinnloftisbooks.com/blog.html
Your web site ? www.quinnloftisbooks.com
Your facebook page? https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quinn-Loftis-Books/125313847569360
Your Goodreads author page? http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5014564.Quinn_Loftis
Your Twitter details? @quinnloftis
And any other information you wish to supply? Feel free to e-mail me at lovetoread@quinnloftisbooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment