Wednesday 21 December 2011

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - MICHELLE FRANKLIN




1.            When did you first consider yourself as a "writer"?
I always have considered myself a writer, but I considered myself an author when my first book was published.
2.            Did it take a long time to get your first book published?
In the grand scheme of things, no. I wrote the first five books in the Haanta Series, queried for six-months, got responses, rewrote them, queried and then was accepted by five publishers. The entire process took about a year, which is very quick for publishing.
3.            Do you work another job as well as your writing work?
I used to, and then I realized how incredibly unproductive I was. Luckily, I was laid off and converted to writing full-time from my hovel.
4.            What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it, what would you say?
The latest book is a standalone in the Haanta Series entitled Khantara. It is the story of a giant conqueror who suppresses his enemies only to fall in love with one of them.
5.            Who is your publisher? or do you self publish?
My publisher is Red Willow Press. I considered self-publishing, but I just don’t have time to see to formatting, editing, etc.
6.            How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?
I write books in about three weeks, which is about sixty-seventy thousand words, typed and edited.
7.            Do you gift books to readers to do reviews?
Always. I love giving books to those I know who will enjoy them.
8.            Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?
I read every single one and encourage readers to link them to me.
9.            Have you ever suffered from a "writer's block"? What did you do to get past the "block"?
I have the opposite problem. I write for ten to sixteen hours a day. My issue is knowing what to write first.

10.          Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you?
Many of my books are about my own experiences. The nice part of being an author is that not only can we reconcile terrible things that may have happened to us in the past, but we can also revive and commemorate loved ones who have died by placing them as heroes in our books.
11.          Which format of book do you prefer, ebook, hardback, or paperback?
Hardback. Always. I’m a purist.
Where can readers follow you:
Your blog details? http://thehaanta.blogspot.com/
Your Goodreads author page? http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4557121.Michelle_Franklin
Your Twitter details? @MrsDenAsaan
Amazon page: http://www.amazon.com/Michelle-Franklin/e/B004XK55GC/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

Thankyou for taking part in this interview Michelle, and thankyou to Roxanne for organising it!



2 comments: