Friday 30 December 2011

FOR EVERY ACTION THERE ARE CONSEQUENCES BY GAIL BAUGNIET Guest Review by ENA




BLURB from Goodreads


Pepper Bibeau’s insurance investigations for a Wisconsin-based company sometimes involve a murder, but she never thought she would cause one. Days before the 1968 Democratic Convention, Pepper arrives in Chicago to settle questionable medical claims from an elusive doctor. Her assignment also includes a background check on a life insurance beneficiary who admits to stabbing his wife. When a close friend is killed, and Pepper is hospitalized after an unprovoked attack, a homicide detective decides someone wants to put a stop to her investigations. For her safety, he suggests she return to Wisconsin, but Pepper is determined to learn why her insurance investigation has stirred up a tragic chain of events. What she discovers are the devastating consequences of one person’s greed that she must expose before someone stops her, permanently.
My daughter recommended that i read this book as she thought I would like it. She was right I really did enjoy it. In the past I have read Karin Slaughter and Tess Gerritsen and as my daughter said in her review I would say that Gail writes as well as both those authors I have mentioned. I thought the mistaken identity issue in the book was really well done and the who is guilty question kept you guessing to the end. i would definitely read more Pepper Bibeau novels and work by Gail Baugniet. I think this book would appeal to both male and female readers too.


Available at Amazon.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment