Tuesday, 6 December 2011


Feyland is the most immersive computer game ever designed, and fifteen-year-old Jennet Carter is the first to play the prototype. But she doesn’t suspect the virtual world is close enough to touch — or that she’ll be battling for her life against the Dark Queen of the faeries.
Tam Linn is the perfect hero — in-game. Too bad the rest of his life is seriously flawed. The last thing he needs is rich-girl Jennet prying into his secrets, insisting he’s the only one who can help her.

So Jennet's dad works for a company that develops gaming machines and gets to try out the prototypes at home (lucky girl) 
However what starts as a great perk, becomes a very dangerous kind of game. Is Jennet going mad or is Feyland real? is the game itself a portal to another land? What a brilliant new paranormal concept, usually we have fairies so sweet and nice and invisible but all around us in this book we see another side of the fae, the evil side! Can Jennet and her newly found friend who has a heap load of problems in his own reality beat the dark realm of Feyland or will they be lost forever? 
Together, Jennet and Tam enter the Dark Realm of Feyland, only to discover that the entire human world is in danger. Pushed to the limit of their abilities, they must defeat the Dark Queen... before it's too late. There is always so much happening! 
I loved this book, there is something going on all the time, it really keeps your attention,whether it is learning more about Tam's life in the Exe where he lives with his younger brother and his mum, or whether it is "life" in the sim game. The places within Feyland are described so well you can picture them. 
The characters are really likeable and you care about them straightaway. You worry about Tam and his brother when their mum is not there. 
The book ends in such away that there has to be a book two! 
I would say if you enjoyed Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series then you will also enjoy this book. I initially read 20% of the book and had to put it down to sleep! then I picked it up the night after and could not put it down I literally read the remaining 80% in one go.

So did I enjoy the book? Yes I got really quite addicted to it and had to know what happened next. You end up really behind the characters wanting them to succeed , be safe, and WIN! Would I recommend the book? Yes, I think "gamers crowd" will like it too!      Would I want to read a Bk#2? Yes, this book made me interested enough to want to know if the whole war would be won by Jennet and Tam  Would I read other books by Anthea Sharp? I certainly give them a close perusal to see if I fancied reading them yes!

FEYLAND is out NOW!,  in both paperback and ebook formats.

Available Amazon.com Paperback & Kindle, Amazon.co.uk £0.86 on Kindle 

No comments:

Post a Comment