Saturday 18 May 2013

PROMOTIONAL SPOTLIGHT - DANCING WITH BULLS BY ALAN COOK

BLURB from Goodreads
Matthew and Mason are on vacation in Greece with their parents. While exploring the ruins at Knossos Palace on the island of Crete, they wander off and suddenly find themselves at Knossos in its prime, 4,000 years ago, when the Minoans were in power. Captured by guards, they barely escape execution and are forced to join a team of slaves who are training as bull dancers. That means they have to dance with a live bull in front of Minoan royalty. Mason is picked to be a bull leaper along with a girl named Bracche. They have to leap onto the bull's back and off again without getting gored. Will they be able to survive this ordeal, and is there any chance they can escape and take the other members of their team with them?
Show more 
Show less


MY COMMENTS
I know I don't usually comment on Promotional spotlights, but I felt I had to comment on this book. I love the cover, it really puts me in mind of the Horrible History books that my daughter read and loved as a young child in primary/junior school. The cover of this book really does suggest to me that this book will be a fun yet subconsciously to the child perhaps a little educational too! It makes me want to read the book myself! 
Also after chatting with the author Alan Cook via e-mail I know the two "stars" of the book are Alan's grandsons! what a lovely grandad! to base the book on the two boys. So would do you have a youngster who would like to read this book? (or even read it yourself).

Purchase Link

No comments:

Post a Comment