Wednesday 22 May 2013

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN BY S.E. CAMPBELL


What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
My name is Stephanie Campbell and I was born in Ogden, Utah. I now reside in Rottendorf Germany, an adorable city about an hour away from Frankfurt. 

Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?
I always knew I wanted to be a writer. When I was eight years old, I wrote my first book. It was a terrible book with pig illustrations on crinkled line paper, but I would always remember it as my true beginning. I've also been telling stories inside my head since I can remember. 

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarize it in less than 20 words what would you say?
My latest book is called Until We Meet Again. It is a re-write of my first real novel that I published at seventeen.
"Protagonist Eden must save purgatory and Earth when Satan closes the gates of heaven."


How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?
Three to four weeks for writing, two months for self-edits. I have a pretty good schedule when it comes to writing.

Which of your books were easier/harder to write than the others?
Third books. I've had a few trilogies, and I get exhausted when I reach the third book. 

Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?

I read NONE of them. I would rather not put myself through that. While I value peoples' opinions, I write because I love to write. I would rather not focus on any other outside source or else I start to second guess myself and I can't do anything at all.

Do you have a favorite genre of book?
My favorite to read is my favorite to write. YA fantasy and some sweet romances. Those are the best.
Do you think children at schools these days are encouraged enough to read? and/or do Imaginative writing?

I think it really depends on a person's definition of reading and writing. The world is changing. Instead of talking on the phone, we text and write emails. I think that this in itself is a form of creative writing; however, I think that with this world of technology, people don't like to read as much anymore. There are just too many other forms of fun at disposal. 

What do you think makes a book a really good/bestseller?

Honestly, sheer dumb luck. I've read great books from no name authors and, well, books that I haven't liked as much from big name authors. 

What do you do to unwind and relax? Do you have a hobby?

I love, love, LOVE to run. Seriously, I could run for years. Besides running, I also love to drink green tea and read funny comics to relax.

Where can readers follow you?
http://stephaniecampbellreleases.weebly.com/
http://www.stephaniecampbellsblog.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-Stephanie-Campbell/540104712672670
https://twitter.com/StephanieECamp
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=115081139&trk=tab_pro

No comments:

Post a Comment