Thursday 21 June 2012

ROYALLY BESWITCHED BY MOLLY SNOW



ISBN:
Publisher:
Pages:


BLURB from the Author Molly Snow
Hexed back to the 1700s, when castles and sword fights abound, a magical black cat, Surla, and her human crush, Jax Morreau, have no idea what troubles await. When Jax’s distant relatives, a lowly maidservant and a pampered prince, miss their chance at love, evil gains a stronghold in the kingdom.

It’s up to the duo from the future to reset the course of love before it’s too late. Surla will do anything, including be BeSwitched with the maidservant, to clean up the royal mess and have a chance with Jax. 



MY REVIEW
I love this cover, the couple on the front getting married......who could they be? The cat, Surla is also on the cover holding a part of the ribbon which forms the title.
So this is book three in the Beswitched series, I suppose parents will be thinking is this one different enough from the other two books to hold my child's (middle grade, so 8 to 12yrs old) interest? I would have initially said it was a little samey but then as you get into the book you realise there are clues being laid for another twist that is about to happen too.
I will admit I was not so keen on the character that is Idis's alien love interest. Then again without him the characters would not have been able to travel back in time for this adventure. There are some quite important morals hidden within the book, such as always being true to yourself, and to be confident ......I'll let you read the others within the story.
So did I enjoy it? Yes, as a parent this book would in my opinion be enjoyable for the age group it is aimed at. Would you recommend it? To younger readers yes! Would I read more from Molly Snow? Yes I would love her to write a YA book.


Available soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment