Thursday 7 June 2012

ORIGINAL SIN BY SAMANTHA TOWLE



ASIN: B0085M2Y2M
Publishing Date: 23rd May 2012
Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 419KB


BLURB from Goodreads
Original Sin is book two in the Alexandra Jones series, the sequel to First Bitten.

Alex has run. Leaving everything she knows and loves … Nathan, behind. She’s a fugitive; hiding from the Original Vârcolacs who want to claim her for themselves.

Hiding in Italy, she has changed her identity and her appearance; working in a coffee shop in the quiet town of Sassano.

Then Zeff steps into her life. He’s solid, sturdy, but more so he’s human – he’s someone real, tangible, a friend throwing her a lifeline in a world of loneliness.

Believing she's safe from attack, nothing prepares Alex for what's lurking in the woods, on her doorstep, intoxicating her into a web of control and deceit.

Danger is closer than her shadow ... the hunt is on again, forcing Alex into the hardest dilemma yet.



MY REVIEW
I bought this book from Amazon.co.uk as soon as it became available as after reading BK1 I couldn't wait to get my hands on BK2 to read more about Alex and Nathan.
First of all I think the cover really fits the book well, because there's the image of Alex, and the wolf in the background.
I have to admit I couldn't resist reading this one as soon as I could as I had been somewhat impatiently waiting for it. 
In this book Alex has run away from the gorgeous shifter Nathan and she is using a false name, Sarah and has been moving around a lot to avoid being found by the Originals. I think part of her does wish that Nathan would find her though, as she can't get him out of her mind. Then a mysterious man appears on the scene and Alex sort of knows that there is something the man is hiding but can't quite put her finger on what. The man tells Alex his name is Zeff. I don't want to go into the plot and give too much away but will say that Zeff, who when you find out who he really is seems the most unlikely source to help Alex.
Alex is faced with a choice, thinking it's now safe because of a conversation had with Zeff for her to return to Nathan. So is it a totally happy no questions asked reunion? Come on you must have read book now, we are talking about Alex and Nathan here, stubbornness, hurt feelings and jumping to the wrong conclusions all rear their ugly heads. So do they sort it out? Read the book!
 I love the way the book chapters are split, from Alex's point of view and her journey and then from Nathan's rather frustrated point of view of his never ending search for Alex. It adds to the book that we are in on the fact that Nathan is still searching for Alex even though Alex thinks he may have now given up.
I love, really love the characters of Nathan, and Alex as well as liking Jack, Craig and Scarlett. Nathan is definitely the gorgeous but doesn't really know it, guy with a bike riding bad boy edge. I am reserving judgement on Zeff at the moment, I think he has lots of secrets yet to be divulged. There's also so much more for Nathan and Alex and their extended family. Also we don't hear so much about Cal, Erin and their new baby Rose, so it would be nice to have them in BK3 too. Of course the loss of the also gorgeous good guy younger brother to Nathan, Sol is still dearly missed by the characters (and us readers!) and so is mentioned quite a lot in BK2.
So did I enjoy the book? Loved it! only disappointment I had was I wanted even more lol!
Would I recommend this book? Yes to mature teens and adults. Would I read more of the Alexandra Jones Series? Yes! Would I read more by Samantha Towle? Oh Yes!
What more can I say? I really do love this series and can't wait to read more.


Available from Amazon.co.uk



1 comment:

  1. Glad to find your blog! I'm researching book review blogs to add to my blog's sidebar as a resource for writers and I'd love to add yours. I like how you say "contact me through Twitter" -- how easy is that lol!

    KarenG

    ReplyDelete