Thursday 21 June 2012

BESWITCHED BY MOLLY SNOW




ISBN: 0975978462
Publisher: Breezy Reads
Pages: 144


BLURB from Goodreads
When a magical black cat, Surla, runs away from her bombastic witch, she has no idea she will soon be living the life of shy teenage girl, Cathy Phillips, confronting the mean girls and cute guys of Washington High.

Cathy’s peers notice a dramatic change when she starts standing up for herself, dressing differently, snagging dates and picking up feline habits. Meanwhile, Surla’s witch is a flaming red-haired fury, awkwardly trying to fit into society, so she can find her familiar and perform magic once again.



The “curse” of being BeSwitched may just be the most purr-fect secret these new best friends could ever have!


MY REVIEW
I found this book a really quick, fairly fast paced book to read, well, I read it all in one go!
The impression I got was that this was YA aimed, what I would say is that it is fairly "young" YA aimed.
The plot is quite funny and humorous, yet covers some quite serious subjects. For example bullying, the whole not being pushed by peer pressure to go further down the "having sex"  route. Also being careful about whom you put your trust in. The issues are covered in a light hearted yet responsible way.
I did enjoy the book though in one part, where the "fight" scene between the witches and demons takes part I felt was a little rushed and could have been taken a little slower with more description too.
I would perhaps describe this as "Mary Janice Davidson For Young Teens"
So did I enjoy this book? Yes. Would I recommend it?To the younger end of the YA market.
Would I read more of the series? I think so, yes as this was a great quick read for me.

Available from Amazon.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment