Monday 25 June 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - KRISITNA MCBRIDE





What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now? 
My name is Kristina McBride and I was born in Dayton, Ohio. I still live very near Dayton, in a suburb just south of the city.

Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?
 When I was younger, I wanted to be a hair stylist, a librarian, a teacher, or an author. Before getting published, I was a high school English teacher for 8 years, so I have officially accomplished two things on my original list.

When did you first consider yourself as a "writer"?
 Before I could even write, I would scribble lines on paper and call it a book. I can’t remember a time when I didn’t think of myself as a writer.

Did it take a long time to get your first book published? 
Yes! It was a very long and very difficult process, but SO worth the struggle.

Do you work another job as well as your writing work?
 I am a stay-at-home-mom with two little ones who keep me very busy when I’m not writing.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say? 
My latest novel is called ONE MOMENT – When Maggie loses her boyfriend in a terrible accident, she struggles to remember the events that led to his death, as well as uncover the truth behind his many secrets. (I tried to keep it under 20!)
One moment is due for release on 26th June 2012!

What can we expect from you in the future?  ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?
 I’ve fallen in love with the young adult genre, so I expect that you’ll see more of these books from me in the future. But I’m wide open when it comes to inspiration, so you never know!

How do you come up with characters names and place names in your books?
 Honestly, I’m not sure. They just come to me and start talking. When that happens, I start writing.

Do you basic plot/plan for your book, before you actually begin writing it out? Or do you let the writing flow and see where it takes the story?
 I do a little of both. I need to have some vision of structure when I begin, or I feel like I’m out of control. But I always leave room for changes, because I love when my characters surprise me.

What do you do to unwind and relax? Do you have a hobby?
 The cool thing is that my job is also my hobby. I love to read and write. Besides that obvious answer, I am most at home when outdoors – especially walking a trail in the woods near our home.


Where can readers follow you?



No comments:

Post a Comment