1. What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
My name is Lynda Hilburn. I was born in the USA in Tennessee when my mother took a brief trip to visit her mother there. I live in Colorado in the USA now, in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains.
2. What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say?
My book, THE VAMPIRE SHRINK, is being published for the third time. It was originally published by a small publisher in the USA back in 2007, then it was a Kindle bestseller in 2010. Now it (along with 2 other books in the series) is being released in the UK by Quercus/Jo Fletcher Books in September, 2011 and in the USA by Sterling Publishing/Silver Oak in April, 2012. Summary: Denver psychologist Kismet Knight gets pulled into the vampire underworld, meets a gorgeous, ancient bloodsucker, and supernatural madness ensues!
3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Quercus bought 3 books in the Kismet Knight, Vampire Psychologist series, and I’m currently working on book #2, which will be called BLOOD THERAPY.
4. How long have you been writing?, and who or what inspired you to write?
I’ve always loved the written and spoken word. I have been writing since I was a teenager. For many years, I wrote nonfiction. Switching to fiction – specifically paranormal fiction – has been the most fun ever.
5. How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book/books?Who designed the Cover of your books?
The publisher is in charge of all the details about the book’s presentation. They kept my original title, and came up with the cover themselves. When I had the book up as a Kindle ebook, I found a cover designer myself. All that stuff is a lot of work!
6. Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you?
My main female character, psychologist Kismet Knight, is a complete idealized version of me. She is much younger, thinner, prettier and is having a lot more fun with all those gorgeous vampires. But we’re both psychotherapists, so we have that in common. I get to live out my wildest dreams through her.
7. Is there a certain Author that influenced you in writing?
I was most influenced by the fiction of Tom Robbins. He has a very unusual, quirky, metaphorical style that I adore.
8. Which format of book do you prefer, ebook,hardback, or paperback?
I like them all! Any format that makes my stories available to readers is great with me!
9. What is your favourite book and Why? Have you read it more than once?
I tend to re-read favorite books, like Bram Stoker’s Dracula, all of Tom Robbins’s books, Anne Rice’s vampire and Mayfair witches books. I also enjoy J.D. Robb’s “In Death” series and have re-read it several times.
10. What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it?(ebook, hardback or paperback)
I just read the newest Dexter book. I’m a fan of the book series and the TV show.
11. Is there anything in your book/books you would change now if you could and what would it be?
This is the most wonderful aspect of being published 3 times with the same book! I have been able to change the things I originally wrote and to make them better (along with the help of excellent editor Jo Fletcher). The new version is much longer and I was able to take some of the feedback I got initially and address it. I hope people like this version even better.
12. What do you think about book trailers?
I love book trailers! I just had one made for this new version of THE VAMPIRE SHRINK. You can find it on my author website:
13. What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?
Probably the same advice every writer gives: Never stop. Never give up. Listen to constructive feedback, but don’t let anyone else’s vision of your writing/book become more important than your own. Create a unique voice and hold onto it!
Where can readers follow you?
Your blog details?
Your blog details?
Your web site ?
Your facebook page?
Your Goodreads author page?
Your Twitter details?
And any other information you wish to supply?
People can sign up for my newsletter on my blog. Just look for the big red lips with fangs!
Post a Comment