Sunday 18 September 2011

Guest Review by Ena: RIDERS OF THE WIND BY ROBERT F DEBURGH









Riders of the Wind is an epic novel of adventure and romance set in the era of aviation during the turbulent times of the nineteen twenties and thirties. The book follows the lives of Charles and Doretta Cross through this time of the great depression, prohibition, the airmail, and the formation of the infant airlines. It graphically portrays the terrible danger, excitement and romance of flight in the pioneering years before World War Two and it takes the reader into the cockpit with the airmail pilots of the twenties and the airline route survey pilots flying the heart of the Amazon jungles. . The reader will experience the golden age of aviation including the great air races, rumrunning, the birth of the airlines, exploration in the jungles of Brazil and much more. This novel is filled with romance, adventure, humor, sadness and mysticism, something for everyone. A “must read” for anyone interested in aviation or, for that matter, anyone who is merely interested in the history, dress and lifestyle of the pre-WWII era. This is the first novel of the epic “Riders of the Wind” series


I don't normally read this type of book or anything that mentions the war for that matter, however I decided to give this book a go. I could definitely see this as a male orientated book, but having said that I did actually enjoy reading it. The lives, love, and torment that Charles and Doretta go through, take you through a whole range of emotions. At times I had tears in my eyes and could hardly see my kindle to read on. The book is informative about the era it is set in. It would greatly appeal to anyone with a strong interest in aviation or history. Would I recommend this book? Yes, I think I would recommend it! Will I read the second book in this series? Yes I will!


Available Amazon, Amazon.co.uk £2.10 kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment