Monday 5 September 2011

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - RACHEL WELLS


  1. What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
My name is Rachel Wells, I was born in Alabama, but only stayed there for about 9 months because I was a military brat.  I live in Massachusetts now.
  1. What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say?
The name is Enchanted.  A shy girl finds out she has “powers” and has to learn to believe in herself to save those she loves.
3.          
3                3           Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?

I would love to write more and I have a few ideas in my head in the moment, one of them being to turn Enchanted into the first in a series.  Hopefully if I am successful with Enchanted, I can pursue that idea.
  1. How long have you been writing?, and who or what inspired you to write?
I have been writing since I was able to.  I know by 10 I had written a few short stories.  I think I my love of books and reading inspired me to write.
  1. Do you gift books to readers to do reviews?
I am more than happy to send out free copies of my ebook to book review blogs
  1. How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book/books?Who designed the Cover of your books?
The title was really hard for me to come up with for some reason.  The whole time I was writing the story it had no title!  Everything seemed to be too long or boring, but one day the word enchanted came to mind and I thought it was perfect, so I went with it.  The book’s cover image I found while browsing public domain images online.  I had someone reformat my document to be compatible with ereaders, and he put on a different font, which I kept.
  1. Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you?
No not characters or events, but the town and places in my book are real.  I vacation there every summer.
  1. Is there a certain Author that influenced you in writing?
There is not really one author who influenced me in the way that I write, but there are many authors who have inspired me.  Stephenie Meyer was the first one who made me think maybe I could do it because she was just a regular lady, an “unknown”, and she was so successful.  And then all the many successful Indie authors…reading their blogs and interviews really gave me a push to want to try to do this.
  1. Which format of book do you prefer, ebook,hardback, or paperback?
I will read any format, no preference.  To me it’s about the content, not the format!
  1. What is your favourite book and Why? Have you read it more than once?
My all-time favorite is Little Women and I have read it countless times.  I loved it as a kid and I still love it now.
  1. Do you think books transfer to movies well? Which is you favourite/worst book to movie transfer?
For the most part I’d have to say books are better.  They transfer to movies pretty well some of the time, but you usually get a lot more details in reading a book.  I can’t really think of a “worst”.  Favorite would probably be all the Harry Potters, and I really love the Twilight books as books and movies.
  1. What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it?(ebook, hardback or paperback)
I’m reading A Job From Hell by Jayde Scott, and I’m really enjoying it so far.  I am reading it as an ebook on my Nook.
  1. Is there a book you know you will never read? Or one you tried to read but just couldn't finish?
I’ve never read War and Peace and probably never will.  Sometimes there are books I can’t finish but I can’t think of when that has happened to me lately.  I remember having to read Watership Down in elementary school, and although I finished it (we were forced to!) I really did not like it all.  Now I can’t even remember what happens, other than there were a bunch of rabbits.  I think it would be interesting to read it again now and see if I liked it as an adult.
  1. Are there any New Authors you are interested in for us to watch out for? and Why should we watch out for them?
Other than myself?  J  Well like I said, I just discovered Jayde Scott, and even though I’m not through with her book, her story is pretty inspiring as she’s an Indie author who is doing well with her books. 
  1. Is there anything in your book/books you would change now if you could and what would it be?
Not really.  Changing the characters would change the story, and I like how the story came about.  The only thing I wish I would have known about while writing it would be all the little kinks, like using the indent button to indent paragraphs could cause while trying to get it in the correct format for ereaders!  Formatting was a nightmare for me.  If I write another book I’m going to have to figure out how to get it right before I start!
  1. What do you think about book trailers?
I’m all for book trailers!  I didn’t even really know they existed until recently.  I made one for my book and I think it’s a great way to give people a little taste of what to expect in your book.
  1. What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?
Stick with it and if you go Indie, you’ve got to put yourself out there as much as you can if you want people to find out about your book.  Join groups online and send out as many review requests as you can to different blogs!
  1. Do you or would you ever use a pen name?
I don’t use one and I wouldn’t.  If my book is ever successful, I would like to be recognized for it, not hide behind it!

Where can readers follow you?

Your blog details?  http://enchanted-rachelsbook.blogspot.com/
Your web site ?  I don’t have a website other than my blog as of right now.
Your facebook page?  I’m under Enchanted179
Your Goodreads author page?  I just joined goodreads, under my actual name, but I’ve yet to set up my profile there.  I will soon though!
Your Twitter details?  I’m under Enchanted179
And any other information you wish to supply?  No, but I would like to say thanks for the interview! 
J

No comments:

Post a Comment