1. Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?
No I never thought about writing a book. As a child my first love was dance. I naturally progressed into the fitness world, which allowed me to share my creative talent with my students.
2. What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say?
Shea Vaughn’s BREAKTHROUGH The 5 Living Principles to Defeat Stress, Look Great and Find Total Bell-Being. It gives you the answers you seek to help you find your breakthrough and enjoy a happier more fulfilling life. The 5 Living Principles, Commitment, Perseverance, Self-Control, Integrity and Love guide you in everything you do, and help you realize a new beginning is only a BREAKTHROUGH away.
3. Who is your publisher?
4. What can we expect from you in the future? ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?
I hope to write another book but right now I am focused on reaching a broader audience to touch as many hearts as possible. My wish is to encourage you to look inside yourself and admit the things you need to do to inspire your Breakthroughs and attain the health and peace of mind you are looking for.
5. What genre would you place your book?
I believe “Breakthrough” straddles a few genres, which include self-help, motivation and business. It certainly appeals to women over the age of 45 who feel lost, unfulfilled, on the multi-tasking rollercoaster and are seeking the answers to transform their lives to a brighter and happier way of life. It has also appropriate for business as the Principles lay the perfect foundation for establishing and guiding a corporate culture that is innovative and responsive to both colleagues and clients alike.
6. How long have you been writing? and who or what inspired you to write?
I have been working on the book for a year and a half. My inspiration came from my own life challenges and listening to so many of my students and friends share their issues. I realizing that what had helped me BREAKTHROUGH could help others.
7. Do you have anybody read your books and give you reviews before you officially release them?
Our publisher did not pursue this course. I just wanted to talk form my heart, to share real stories about myself and others that I hoped would bring solutions and enlightenment to others.
8. How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book/books? Who designed the Cover of your books?
The title flowed from the content of the book and the cover and design was my idea.
9. How do you market/promote your books?
Though the Internet, radio, TV, print, book signings, word of mouth and local and national events.
10. What do you do to unwind and relax?
I relax the most when I am with family and friends just hanging out. I also love Bridge, tennis, golf, reading and games in general.
11. What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?
As a new writer I believe writing is inspired from within. Wanting to share your experiences with others, giving back, touching hearts, evoking positive thoughts, and helping to bring pleasure into some ones life, even for a few hours, is what it is all about.
12. Where can readers follow you?
My web site www.sheanetics.com – facebook – twitter
13. Your blog details?
We will have a Blog on the new website we are creating.
14. Your web site?
Thank you Shea for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview!