- What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
I’m Angela Corbett and I live in the Utah in the United States.
- Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Eternal Starling is the first book in the Emblem of Eternity Trilogy.
- What genre would you place your books into?
Eternal Starling is a Young Adult paranormal romance novel, but since my main character, Evie, is in college, it could also cross genres into Adult.
- How long have you been writing?, and who or what inspired you to write?
I started writing poetry when I was eight. I wrote poetry and short stories until I took a journalism class in high school and fell in love with writing the news. I worked as a journalist in high school and college, but after college I realized how much I’d missed writing fiction and started working on novels again. I got the idea for Eternal Starling in 2008, wrote it in 3 months, then spent a year revising and a year querying before I was offered a three-book deal with Pendrell Publishing.
- Where do you get your book plot ideas from?
Everywhere! My friends, family, and life in general. The world is full of ideas, you just have to look for them.
- Do you have anybody read your books and give you reviews before you officially release them?
Yes! I think it’s so important to have critique partners and beta readers. Opinions are so subjective, but if you have people you trust, they can really help you make the story better.
- Is there a certain Author that influenced you in writing?
There are a lot, but I really love Maria V. Snyder and Patricia Briggs.
- What is your favourite book and Why? Have you read it more than once?
I have so many, but I love The Hunger Games! And yes, I’ve read it several times.
- What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?
Read, read, read! You can learn so much from other authors. For example: the difference in an author’s voice; how books are plotted and paced; different character traits; details that make your story more relatable and make the book fun to read. As you’re reading, keep writing, because the more you write, the more you’ll improve.
Where can readers follow you?
Your blog details?
Your blog details?
Your web site ?
Your facebook page?
Your Goodreads author page?
Your Twitter details?
Thankyou Angela for taking the time to take part in an interview for my blog! Eternal Starling is firmly on my wishlist!
Post a Comment