Thursday 8 November 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - SARA FITZGERALD



What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
My name is Sara Fitzgerald.  I was born in Salt Lake City and have lived there my entire life.

Did you always want to be a writer?
Yes, I was extremely shy as a child and love to write.  I thought it would be a great career for me, little did I know about marketing

When did you first consider yourself as a "writer"? 
When I made it into my high school literary club and had my first poems published in their magazine that year.  I was so excited.

Do you work another job as well as your writing work?  
I sell AVON which I absolutely love too.  And I am raising my six-year-old daughter.

Who is your publisher? or do you self publish? 
Cedar Fort

What can we expect from you in the future?  ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre? 
I think I will like to stick with writing for the LDS market.  I really enjoy reading LDS fiction and this book has been the book of my heart.  So I would like to stay in the LDS market.

What do you think makes a book a really good/bestseller ?  
Compelling characters that change and become better people by the end of the book.

What do you do to unwind and relax? 
I love taking long walks with my dog.  I love watching movies with my daughter.  I love taking long bubble baths.  I enjoy getting a massage or facial.  Having lunch with my friends or sister is always a plus.  I love to read.  And spending time with my husband is the best.

Do you think ebooks will ever totally replace printed books?  
No

Do you think children at schools these days are encouraged enough to read? and/or do Imaginative writing? 
Yes.  My daughter’s school has a goal for parents to read with their child at least twenty minutes a day.  Her school also has a Reflection contest which has a writing category.  And they have several book fairs throughout the year.

What piece of advice would you give to a new writer? 
Write because you love it, make friends with other supportive writers, join a writing group and attend monthly meetings and conferences and never give up.  I have heard of so many twenty years overnight success stories these last few months.  Also so many authors said it wasn’t their first manuscript that got published, but their sixth or tenth. If you want to be a writer, then write as simple as that. And please do not wait for the perfect time to write, when the kids are grown, better job etc, the perfect time will never come.

Do you or would you ever use a pen name? 
No. 

Where can readers follow you?

Your blog details?  
Savingsavanna.blogspot.com

Your Web site ? 
sarafitzgerald.com

Your Facebook page? 
www.facebook.comsavingsavannafitzgerald

Your Twitter details?
Amazon amazon.com/author/sarafitzgerald

And any other information you wish to supply?


Thank you so much for hosting my book and the interview.  I so appreciate it.  I wish you and your followers a holiday season filled with love and happiness. 




No comments:

Post a Comment