Friday 30 November 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - EMI GAYLE



Do you work another job as well as your writing work?
Yup! Gotta pay those bills!

How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?
Usually 45-60 days or less. It's been a lot longer lately because I have so many things to do including marketing, kid stuff, etc.

Which of your books were easier/harder to write than the others?
After Dark was super easy because the whole story hit me like a ton of bricks. It was 'just there' and I didn't have to pry it from my own head.

Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
This one is book 1 in a series of 3 and the next comes out next summer!

What genre would you place your books into?
YA Paranormal romance.

What made you decide to write that genre of book?
It's what I love to read!

Do you have anybody read your books and give you reviews before you officially release them?ie. Your partner, children, friends, reviewers you know?
Always. I have a group of amazing friends who read everything I write first and pick into all the details to help me make it right.

Would you ever ask a reviewer to change their review if it was not all positive about your book/books?
Never. A review is an opinion and while I'd love to make everybody happy all the time, I know I can't. Want to, but can't.

What do you think makes a book a really good/bestseller ?
A great story.

Do you or would you ever use a pen name?
I do! Emi Gayle is not my real name. :) 

Where can readers follow you?

Your Blog details?

Your Web site?

Your Facebook page?

Your Goodreads Author page?

Your Twitter details?





No comments:

Post a Comment