Monday 3 September 2012

FULL BLOODED - AMANDA CARLSON

ISBN: 9780316205665
Publisher: Orion
Pages: 368
Formats Available: Kindle, Paperback.
Release Date: 6th September 2012

BLURB from Goodreads
Born the only female in an all male race, Jessica McClain isn’t just different—she’s feared. 

After living under the radar for the last twenty-six years, Jessica is thrust unexpectedly into her first change, a full ten years late. She wakes up and finds she’s in the middle of a storm. Now that she’s become the only female full-blooded werewolf in town, the supernatural world is already clamoring to take a bite out of her and her new Pack must rise up and protect her.


MY REVIEW
I received an arc of this book, which was arranged by Amanda Carlson, so thank you!
I like this cover, though I also love the cover of my Arc copy. So the differences in the covers, are my Arc doesn't have Jessica on it.....
Well, as I had read Blooded, the Jessica McClain Novella, I did know a little about Jessica and her relationships with the other characters. Having said that, you learn about everyone in this book too so, I would say you don't absolutely have to have read the novella to enjoy this book.
We learn more about Jessica, who has been living her life as she wanted to away from the compound and under an alias. Jessica had thought that although her father and brother were  full changing Werewolves, that she would never change.You see there has never been a full changing female werewolf. Not only is Jessica now a Full changing werewolf she is also rather special too. I will leave you to find out what else she is/can do.
I love the relationships between those in the pack. Jessica's father is the Alpha so everyone should obey him without question. But is that still the case when we find out that someone is after Jessica. Do they want to kill her? kidnap her? Who wants Jessica? Is it a fellow pack? Or something/someone else entirely?
I love the character of Jessica, she was a kick butt female before she could turn into a werewolf, now she can, wow she can certainly fight her own battles! I would compare this book to Rachel Vincent's Shifter series, and it also reminds me of Kelley Armstrong's Women Of The Otherworld Series.
If you like action packed, with a little romance added, and some extra surprises/shocks thrown in,then this book is for you! I was instantly hooked into the book, I was so engrossed I didn't realise how far through the book I was, and when the end came I was kind of "I want the next book now!" It ends on one really big, cliff hanger as other "characters" are introduced into equation. I won't say which character, as I want you to have the wow feeling like I did whilst reading.
So did I enjoy the book? Definitely! Would I recommend it?Yes, especially to Shifter book lovers, Rachel Vincent & Kelley Armstrong Fans. Would I read more by Amanda Carlson and more in this Book Series? Yes to both!

Available at Amazon.co.uk


Want to read my review of Blooded? Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment