Friday 21 September 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW & PROMOTIONAL SPOTLIGHT- MERADETH HOUSTON



First of all can I say,Thanks so much for having me here today! You have some seriously fun questions, so hopefully I can do them justice.
Thank you for taking the time out of your writing schedule to take part in this Interview. So lets start with a few "Facts about Meradeth, and then move onto the Interview...

Facts about Meradeth by MuseItUp publishing.

Meradeth’s never been a big fan of talking about herself, but if you really want to know, here are some random tidbits about her:

She’s a Northern California girl. This generally means she talks too fast and use "like" a lot.
When she’s not writing, she’s sequencing dead people’s DNA. For fun!
She’s been writing since she was 11 years old. It's her hobby, her passion, and she’s so happy to get to share her work!
If she could have a super-power, it would totally be flying. Which is a little strange, because she’s terrified of heights.


What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it? (ebook, hardback or paperback)
I was lucky enough to win an arc of The Diviners by Libba Bray, and I’m totally loving it. It’s set in NYC during the roaring twenties, and it’s just so much fun! It’s quite long, which I love, though it has kept me up really late a few night now. The copy I won is a paperback, (I know this is silly) and it’s really heavy after so much reading on my kindle, haha!

Do you think ebooks will ever totally replace printed books?
I am not sure they will ever totally replace them. There are times when paper books are needed and necessary for certain mediums (I can’t imagine an art book, for instance, as an ebook). But, I do think their popularity will keep growing. They’re just so much easier and more convenient. My husband and I have a storage unit half-full of books right now (in preparation for a big move) and I keep looking at it and thinking “well, I wish I just had all ecopies of these to save my poor back!”

If you could invite three favourite writers to dinner, who would you invite and enjoy chatting with?
Oh dear, this would be hard to chose! Do they all have to be living? Because I think having Mark Twain over for dinner would be positively hilarious, coupled with Libba Bray and Christopher Moore, and well, it would be a hoot! Now, what would probably be more to my taste would be having Lauren Kate, Cynthia Hand, and Cassandra Clare over—I’ve love to pick their brains a little over something tasty I’ve cooked up!

Do you choose a title first, or write the book then choose the title?
I’ll admit it: titles are my enemy. I usually go through about ten before I settle on something I like (which makes my filing system on my computer pretty ridiculous). I wish I were one of those authors who has the perfect title all worked out before they start! Colors Like Memories, for one, went through previous titles like “Lost” (wow, boring, right?), “Tombstone” (because I had to name the file something…), and a few others that are even worse! Finally I came across the phrase that led to the title and viola, I was happy with it!

Do you have a favourite character from your books? and why are they your favourite?
Okay, I’ll admit it, I totally have a favorite. I feel like I’m supposed to be a parent and love all my characters equally, but I don’t. One of the male characters from the first book I ever wrote (and I’m currently getting to re-write, yay!) is my favorite. He’s just fun, and interesting, and makes me wish he were real… (Does this make me sound crazy? Probably. *sigh* but it’s the truth!)

Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Colors Like Memories will have several companion books—not exactly a series, but others in the same world, and different situations. I’m waiting to hear back from my publisher on one of them, and am in the middle of drafting a third. I have another book up my sleeve that I need to start editing, but so far the day is only 24 hours long!


A bit about the Colors Like Memories:
Julia has a secret: she killed the guy she loved. It was an accident—sort of. 

Julia is a Sary, the soul of a child who died before taking her first breath. Without this 'breath of life' she and others like her must help those on the verge of suicide. It's a job Julia used to enjoy, until the accident that claimed her boyfriend’s life—an accident she knows was her fault. If living with the guilt weren't enough, she's now assigned to help a girl dealing with the loss of her mother, something Julia's not exactly the best role model for. If she can't figure out a way to help her, Julia's going to lose her position in the Sary, something she swore to her boyfriend would never happen.

Available from MuseItUp Publishing.
Also available at Amazon.co.uk

Where can readers follow Meradeth?
http://youtu.be/HFRNJ-Yn7So (teaser trailer)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting me!! It's a pleasure to be on such a fun blog :)

    ReplyDelete