Tuesday 20 March 2012

IS THE COFFEE FRESH BY MARC RENSON



BLURB from Goodreads
Business co-owner and author Renson describes the entertaining, outrageous journey of madness and mayhem experienced in the daily operation of Ambition, one of downtown Schenectady, New York's, most popular restaurants.


MY REVIEW
Hmmm, this was a fairly good read, it just failed to hold my attention some of the time. I did find it funny and in places really witty, but to be totally honest, I wouldn't go crazy about it.
It is Marc Renson's humorous memoir of running his coffee shop. It has all the weird questions people ask him and his staff.It also has the odd quirks of both his staff and customers.The book tells the tale of how certain members of staff came to be hired. I think people who have worked in a Café or own one would definitely find this book amusing. I would say I have read this genre of book before, but a "confessions of a checkout girl" and loved it as I have worked on a checkout in a bookstore so could literally envisage those things happening, so perhaps that would be the case with this Café orientated book.
The cover would bring to mind, a little Parisian Café Bistro in a back street in somewhere in France, and I mean that in a good way! I don't like to be negative and always try to find plenty of positives within the books I read. I think this would be a funny handbook for anyone setting up a business, specifically a Café business.
So did I enjoy it? er..yes it was a good read. Would I recommend it? To the right people Yes. Would I read a second book? Probably not.

Available Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk £4.62 on kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment