Monday 26 March 2012

GUEST POST - JACQUELINE PAIGE



It did not come the way I thought it would.

My plots seem to take on a life of their own.
I knew I wanted to write paranormal romance so that’s what I started out doing and then characters with evil purpose appeared between paragraphs and events that I hadn’t even thought of in any way shape or form were suddenly in front of me on the page.
Magic seemed to be something I needed to put on the page, Witches of the modern age doing fantastic feats.  I thought this would be my contribution to the paranormal genre but it seemed my muse needed just a little bit more than that.  In one case my witches needed to stop a killer.  No one could have been more shocked to read that on the page in what started as a touching scene of bringing my characters together. 
After that I strayed into curses with my witches and I’m still in awe that a curse is that hard to solve and break.  My characters have their work cut out for them.  Of course a cursed pirate ghost ended up on the first page claiming the main male character in another story that came out of my very unpredictable imagination. 
Where could this possibly lead to I had to wonder when I sat down and started writing Twice Cursed.  Obviously the name came after the plot appeared on the page.  On the final page of the final chapter I sat back and thought of the adventure my characters had taken me on. 
I am delighted with Maddy and Colin’s story – and of course with whiskers involvement as well.  I didn’t expect many to be intrigued by my own tale, but I wouldn’t have it any other way!
My biggest challenge with my stories to date would have to be writing Mystic Perceptions.  In all of my writing I’m able to relate to my main characters in one way or another, but Jac in Mystic Perceptions was a little harder to connect with.  Her strength and sarcasm were easy enough to relate to, even writing about her ability came without a struggle.  The part I spent weeks trying to grasp was the fact that she can’t have contact with most people and even a large number of items.  To not be able to just reach out and touch someone or even rest your hand on a railing going down stairs, that was something I had to really work on to get it right.
Can you imagine how hard it would be to avoid getting too near to another person?



1 comment:

  1. Wow, the set up for my books look fabulous! Thanks for having me here today!1

    :)

    Jacq

    ReplyDelete