MD: Madison Daniel. Born in Normal, Illinois. Burning bright in Arizona.
2. Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?
MD: No. I wanted to be a rockstar! I was for a little while. Now, I try and bring that intensity to
3. Did it take a long time to get your first book published?
MD: I spent over 2 in a half years fighting the grind of “trying to get published.” Almost
happened a few times but I eventually decided on self-publishing. So glad I did...that exciting
road led me to my new publishing home! Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing.
4. What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarize it in less than 20 words
what would you say?
MD: Ember. Love never dies...but it can kill.
5. Who is your publisher? or do you self publish?
MD: Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing. They’re a new indie company. Very smart,
6. What can we expect from you in the future? ie More books of the same genre? Books of a
MD: Ember is set for a six book storyline. I have another series I will be pushing soon called “13
Breaths.” It’s more paranormal/scifi/YA. I also have a few literary surprises coming too. So
much going on!
7. Do you have a favourite character from your books? and why are they your favourite?
MD: It’s usually whomever I am writing at the moment. I love Max Valentine, my main
protagonist from the Ember series. BUT I have found a renewed joy for writing with the birth of
a new character named Neve. If I do my job right, she will flip the action heroine genre on its
head! She was originally created for a short story but I am so head over heals for her, that I am
developing an all new saga around her.
8. How do you market/promote your books?
MD: Mostly in the digital realm right now. Websites, blogs and social pages. I am hoping to get
on the road soon. Maybe have a book signing or two.
9. What do you do to unwind and relax? Do you have a hobby?
MD: Write and play music. I enjoy a nice round of golf too. Settles the everyday demons that
haunt us all. Ya know...work, bills, family.
10. Are there any hidden messages or morals contained in your books?
MD: Everything I write can be summed up in one word...HOPE. All my characters are in search
of it in some way. I think we all are. No matter how dark or ugly the world can be, we strive for
11. Do you think ebooks will ever totally replace printed books?
MD: Eventually they will. No time soon. It will be a generation or two before everyone gives up
on the physical book. When that happens though, it will be a sad day. Because when the
machines finally take over (or zombie apocalypse), we’ll be kicking ourselves that we didn’t
save all those precious words on paper. Ha!
12. Are there any New Authors you are interested in for us to watch out for? and Why should we
watch out for them?
MD: Alexia Purdy, Jenna Kay, Linna Drehmel, Kyani Swanigan, Tymothy Longoria, Nathan
Squiers and Wayne Rutherford. All great voices just getting ready to take over the world. Their
literary appetites are ferocious and they have the best imaginations.
13. If you could invite three favourite writers to dinner, who would you invite and enjoy chatting
MD: Great question! Stephen King, Dr. Suess and Oprah!
14. Where can readers follow you?
MD: The most popular sites of course!
MD: Thank you for your time! I had a great time! Rock on ~ M.
Thankyou for taking the time to take part in this Interview for my blog!