Sunday 6 January 2013

GUARDIAN'S BELOVED MATE - SONG OF THE SIDHE #4 BY JODIE B COOPER

ISBN/ASIN: B009SGPFJI
Publisher: Self/Indie
Pages: 55
Formats Available: E-book

BLURB from Goodreads
Guardian Alexander (dragon shape shifter) is in charge of finding and destroying the nest of vermin known as the Khr'Vurr, a terrorist organization based in Dragon Valley. More than his career is at stake. Twenty years ago, the Khr'Vurr kidnapped Lizzie, his mate.

Nothing will stand in his way as he searches for his lost love, not even the most powerful Sídhí alive, Lady Sarah Trellick aka Chi’Kehra.

Guardian’s Beloved Mate occurs during the last chapter of Vampire’s Forbidden Territory. The fourth book in the Song of the Sídhí series is a stand-alone paranormal romance, but also continues the underlying story line of the Sídhí Summer Camp series. 

A short story filled with intense emotion and action throws Guardian’s Beloved Mate into vivid detail.

Note: Contains violence, minor sexual innuendo, and mild language. Recommended reading age is seventeen and up. There is indirect reference (no detail) to a rape twenty years earlier.


MY REVIEW
I won this book from Librarything and promised to do a review in exchange for the free book. I love the blue colour of the cover, it immediately draws your eyes to the cover. The Sidhé species dealt with in this the fourth book in The Song Of The Sidhé Series is dragons. 
I do find the cover attractive and would pick it up on a book shelf to learn more about the plot.
The two dragons have already met each other and the Synth has sung for the Guardian Alexander. He knows he will always live Lizzie. Which makes it all the more heart breaking when Lizzie is kidnapped. Alexander looks for years and years for his true mate Lizzie. He is literally pining away for Lizzie. As Lizzie is tortured in the most cruelest of ways by the Khr'Vurr, the two people she holds dear in her heart are Alex and her daughter. Lizzie curls up and "dreams" of Alex holding her safe in his arms, It is one of the few things that keep her sane.
I won't tell you any more about the novella as it would spoil your enjoyment for reading the book yourself. As the blurb say's this story may be short but it is packed full of emotions, as well as action too.
As the warning says, there is violence, torture, a small amount of sexual innuendo, in addition to the action of rape being mentioned, so this is for more mature teens and I agree with the 17+ age suggestion.
Did I enjoy the novella? Oh, *sigh's, the emotion...I loved it. Would I recommend it? To the appropriate age group yes. Would I want to read more of this Series? Definitely! Would I read more by Jodie B Cooper? I intend to I have more awaiting me on my kindle.

Available from Amazon.co.uk

1 comment: