Sunday 27 May 2012

A SECRET WISH BY BARBARA FREETHY GUEST REVIEW BY ENA




ASIN: B006VDKQXG 
Publisher: Barbara Freethy
Pages: 180


BLURB from Goodreads
Three women, three birthdays and one unforgettable night that will change their lives forever.

One night in San Francisco, three women make a birthday wish believing it can’t possibly come true. Liz is turning thirty. A successful nurse, she has a good career, but no man to share her life. All her friends are married, and she’s alone, still trying to outrun a tragedy from her past. Then she meets a handsome stranger.

Angela, a member of a large, loving Italian family, is facing thirty-five with no baby in the nursery. Eight years of infertility treatments have put a strain on her marriage. Will she have to choose between her husband and having a child? When she is mugged by an unexpected assailant, her life takes a new turn.

Carole, a corporate wife, is staring down forty candles. Having grown up poor, she worked hard to get ahead, but when her kids bail on her birthday, and she discovers her husband with another woman, she realizes that she may have nothing at all. She goes back to where it all began, the mother she left behind, and the man whose heart she once broke.



Ena's Review
I think the cover is very fitting with the book, with the San Francisco bridge in the background on the cover and the cupcake with a birthday candle. On a shelf in a bookstore I would have picked up this cover to read the blurb and definitely considered buying it.
As the blurb says the book is about three different women, Liz, Angela and Carole. the theme of the book is birthdays and the secret wish you take when you blow out your candle/candles.
The book travels at a reasonable pace, it's neither rushed nor so slow that you lose interest.
I love how this author Barbara Freethy writes, her descriptions and her plots are in my opinion really good.
I was disappointed when the book ended and wanted to reaad the next installment straight away.
One thing I wasn't keen on was all the advertising of the other book, I prefer my books to be unknown to me until I pick them up and decide to read them, if you know what I mean.
So did I enjoy? Yes, a lot. Would I recommend? Yes, I think it would suit many readers. Would I read more in the Wish Series? Yes I have the next one ready to read!! would I read more by Barbara Freethy? Definitely!

Available from Amazon.co.uk (a bargain, in my opinion!)

No comments:

Post a Comment