Tuesday 1 May 2012

NEOPHYTE BY EMMALEE APLE



ISBN: B007BV298W
Publisher: Self Published
Pages: 245
Formats Available: Kindle

BLURB from Goodreads
Addisyn White thought she had her new life, her after life, all figured out. Granted death had not brought her to the pearly white gates, she hadn’t even left Earth. But death had its perks; she got to live forever with her best friend and her assigned Link of Angels, in a beautiful beach house. Even with the changes she was going through to turn her human body into an angelic one, everything seemed pretty easy. Until a gray winged angel comes into her life, then all the secrets and lies her Link had been keeping start crumbling away, exposing a whole new world of dangers she didn’t even know about. 
Now Addisyn must fill in the blanks before things escalate too far. Will she save her Link? Or will she be buried in their secrets forever?

MY REVIEW
I really like the cover of this book and that was what initially attracted me to it. I just love anything with white feathers because of what they represent. I also love the calligraphy style writing on the cover.
I have to be honest, I didn't like how the book was set out. There are no speech marks within the book so it was quite hard to really get absorbed into the book when you were battling to differentiate between the characters speaking and the actual descriptions within the book. There were also some odd typos and the occasional word that was actually missing. I do have to stress that once you get past these, in my opinion, slight negative points the book does draw you in and you get hooked by the storyline and the characters too.
The whole concept of born angels and reborn angels was new to me, though the "forbidden" love aspect of the storyline between Addisyn and Greysan reminded me of the forbidden love between Claudia and Michael in Mary Ting's Crossroads series. The  feel of this book also reminded me a little of Halflings by Heather Burch that I have recently read and also enjoyed.
As Addisyn is a new reborn she is still part human and susceptible to human dangers and illnesses. Greysan, Graham, Everett, Wilheim, and Hunter were all there to help Addisyn in her journey to fully become an angel and protect her from Farran & his followers. The relationship between Addisyn and Hunter is also a new concept, that of companion angels....but then something happens later in the book that questions the whole companion link idea and consequences. The storyline is left in a way that there could definitely be a follow up book 2.
So did I enjoy the book? Once I got past the punctuation issues Yes. Would I recommend this book? Hmm...yes with a warning about the punctuation.Would I read more by this author/more in this series? Oh,Yes.

Available at Amazon.co.uk

PLEASE NOTE: I am assured by the Author, Emmalee Aple, that I was sent the unedited/unfinished version of the book in error, so please take note that the comments above regarding punctuation are in no way a problem in the finished copy of the book that is available from Amazon. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment