Wednesday 9 May 2012

IF I TELL BY JANET GURTLER - GUEST REVIEW BY ENA




ISBN:  978-1402261039
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Pages: 244


BLURB from Goodreads
Jasmine Evans knows one thing for sure... people make mistakes. After all, she is one. Jaz is the result of a onenight stand between a black football player and a blonde princess. Having a young mother who didn't raise her, a father who wants nothing to do with her and living in a small-minded town where she's never fit in hasn't been easy. But she's been surviving. Until she sees her mom's new boyfriend making out with her own best friend. When do you forgive people for being human or give up on them forever?


MY REVIEW
I found this book very difficult to get into, however I decided to stick with it a bit longer and then the pace picked up a little and ended up being quite a good read. So I did enjoy the book I just wish it had been faster paced at the beginning and all the way through. The cover really fits the book well, in that the character depicted in it feels alone or trapped and looking out at others. If I was scoring this book out of five I would give it a three. I don't want to give away any of the spoilers at all. my advice is to be prepared to have to stick at the book a while before it gets going.
So did I enjoy it? Eventually.  Would I recommend it? As a heavier read yes.  Would I read more by this author? Possibly if I thought the blurb was interesting.




Available from Amazon.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment