Monday 21 May 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - KAY DEE ROYAL






Hello Jeanz, Hi everyone…it’s great to be here, thank you for allowing me to hang out at your lovely place, Jeanz. I promise to behave *grins…fingers crossed behind back*.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarize it in less than 20 words what would you say?
My latest release is Staring Into the Eyes of Chance, a paranormal erotica romance and the first book in the LIIA series (Lycan International Investigation Agency). Here’s the tagline:
Olivia swears off men until she meets Chance, a Lycan alpha. He ignites an undeniable hunger they can only sate together. (Oops, 21 words)

Which of your books were easier/harder to write than the others?
Actually it’s my current WIP – the 2nd book in the LIIA series, Savage Smoke. The villain/antagonist in this series, Smoke, doesn’t want to follow my rules *LOL*. He’s insisting on redeeming himself and wants to run away with a newbie story-star (rather than be eliminated). He’s pushing my pen to the limit. Not even I know what’s going to happen at this point;)

What made you decide to write in the paranormal erotica romance genre?
It is my most favorite genre to read…and I’ve grown up reading paranormal, the erotica part of it came much later 

Do you have anybody read your books and give you reviews before you officially release them?
I feel very fortunate to have a woman/friend/writer/author who reads everything I write before I submit. She’s got an excellent eye for finding things that need a bit extra…or that wouldn’t make sense to anyone but me *LOL*. I’m an editor under a different name, but struggle being objective with my own manuscripts. I constantly edit as I write to tighten and sometimes miss areas that need embellishment/enhanced. We resonate…she lets me read her stuff, too 

Do you choose a title first, or write the book then choose the title?
I’ve already got the story pretty much laid-out in my head…and if I’m lucky I’ve made a list of plot points, so I’m ready for a title. Brainstorming for a title is the fun thing I do before I begin writing the story. There’s something about having that name…like the starting line in a race, once I have it, I know it’s an official ‘Go.’

What do you do to unwind and relax?
I’m finally getting to a point where I can read for pleasure again (been too busy). I watch some TV series with my husband and crochet or knit while I sit there (can’t stand to just sit without something going on in my hands). I like to take long walks with my dog, or visit with grandchildren (they always recharge). On beautiful days, I go fishing or golfing.

Is there a certain author that has influenced/inspired you?
I have a few for different reasons – Kate Douglas for her paranormal world building (plus she has wonderful shapeshiftersJ); Patricia Cornwell, Jodi Picoult, Maggie Stiefvater – all for their deep and authentic story-stars. But, since I’m now privy to the e-book world, I have many authors who inspire me.

Where can readers follow you?






3 comments:

  1. Jeanz - thank you so much for inviting me into your lovely place. I appreciate the time and effort you've given in the posts regarding Staring Into the Eyes of Chance. Thank you for sharing it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice interview. This book sounds amazing. Can't wait to read it to see what happens with Chance, Olivia, and Smoke.

    e.balinski(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand you won it from another site, Joanne - hope you enjoy it:) Thank you so much for all of your support through my Bewitching Book tour.

    ReplyDelete