Saturday 29 June 2013

EMERGENCE BY RACHEL E FISHER

ISBN: 978-1484183915
ASIN: B00CKBK1DS
Series: Eden's Root
Publisher: Self/Indie
Pages/File Size: 248pages/556KB
Formats Available: Paperback, E-Book

BLURB from the back of the paperback.

"I promise you, Sean. We're going to stop them."

The pieces on the board are in motion and with both sides gathering strength, each move will be critical. When the Truthers make a play for checkmate, the Seeders are forced to respond. 


Fi and her companions will face greater challenges and higher stakes than ever before, because this time if they fail, it's for keeps.

MY REVIEW
I won a twitter competition run by the author Rachel E. Fisher, so that's how I received my signed paperback book. So again thank you to Rachel E Fisher!
I must admit upon first receiving the paperback and looking at the cover my first thought was "oh no" as I think the cover is a lot like the Lauren Oliver cover for Pandemonium. Having said the, this cover does fit the book. The girl with the flame red hair on the cover is Fionnaula Marie Kelly Grey. This girl has literally been turned from a normal everyday girl with home comforts to a warrior fighting to survive in the wastelands. The fire on the front and back cover also represent the fire that occurs during a battle covered in the book. There is also the red hand print with the T in the centre that represents the Truthers. I love the byline, "I'm Coming To For You" which is something that Fi is saying to herself to keep herself going in the war against the Truthers. It's kind of like her war cry chanting to herself as she and her band of friends are after Carter. It also fits when Fi is trying to rescue the imprisoned Eden dwellers.
So would the cover alone make me pick up this book? Oh yes, its attractive and eye catching! I must say having read books, one and two there was no way I was not going to read book three to find out what happened.
So we left the second book where Fi had finally decided the only way to "survive" the Truthers was to tackle them head on. The four seeders, Fi, and husband Ash and Sara and Sean are travelling back to Eden. Upon arriving at Eden they know somethings wrong (I won't say how as you should discover that by reading the book) With all the upset and craziness going on around it is no wonder that the pregnant Fi goes into labour. With no one else available Sara becomes the midwife with the boys, Asher and Sean banished from the room. So the baby is born. I won't say how it turns out whether baby survives, survives how long or not. But I will say I love the name given to the little one. It's . . .well it's perfect.
So this book is about Eden and it's friends coming together to free the captured and imprisoned Eden dwellers from  "Father" Carter and his army of "angels" (the lobos).
This book has plenty of action and angst. The Eden warriors think they have everything worked out but as the general who come sto help explains when they are planning "there is always something unexpected". Yep it's sure unexpected and its doing lots of damage and hindering their cause and action. This "surprise" has to gotten rid of, a distraction is needed, who/what will do the dangerous job? Although the fight is supposed to stay as peaceful as possible, and the lobos are to be given a choice, surrender or die, it's inevitable that their are deaths. Some fantastic characters die in this book. There's a scene in the book where two of the main characters are paying their respects to the dead and your heart literally breaks with them as they say a final goodbye to their fallen comrades.
Then there's after the fight, after the respects are paid to the dead "life" has to be picked up again and go on and adapt to the changes that have taken place. 
I know you may think my review slightly cryptic but seriously, you have to read this book series each and every one of the three main books are fantastic! (I haven't had chance to read the prequel as it's has only been available in the US but I think it's now available in the UK too. so that will be my next download!).
Then there's the final page in the book and wow the ending is, well one of the characters is described as being "choked" as in "choked with emotion" and you the reader are also "choked" yet "stoked" with them. The end is perfection! We the reader have the fact of how things have moved on and changed and then that final part is just brilliant.
So did I enjoy this book? YES! I loved it, I loved the whole series! but this being the last book? Maybe there could be a novella centred around what happens at the very end of the book? I also want to read the prequel novella to this series now too. It is a rarity that I re-read books but I honestly think I could re-read and re-enjoy this series of books! Would I recommend this book? Definitely! I recommend the whole series. Would I read more in this Series? This was the last book in the series but I do intend on reading the prequel and I'd love there to be a spin off novella maybe set a couple of years later and around what happens on the last page on the book. Would I read more books by Rachel E Fisher? Yes I would try more books by Rachel, for sure. I have loved how this series has been written. I've loved the characters, the plot, the pace of the book, basically I've loved all of all of the books lol!

Purchase Links


Purchase Links for the rest of the series

No comments:

Post a Comment