Monday 17 June 2013

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - JOANNA MAZURKIEWICZ


What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
My name is Joanna, I was born in Przemysl, Poland. I moved to the UK when I was 19. I currently live in Cardiff, Wales.

Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?
I have written for as long as I can remember, but it was two years ago that I made a decision that I wanted to be a full time writer.

Did it take a long time to get your first book published?
I self published my first book, so I did it as soon as it was ready.

Do you work another job as well as your writing work?
Unfortunately yes, I work as an employment advisor

How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?
It took me nearly 3 years to finish my first book. Right now, between 1-4 months.

What can we expect from you in the future?  ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?
I have got a lot of ideas. I am going to write a lot more fantasy and probably a few more contemporary romances.

Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Yes, I am currently working on contemporary romance novel and it’s a stand alone book.

Do you have a favourite out of the books you have written? If so why is it your favourite?
£6.19 per Witching Hour is my favourite because I enjoyed writing it so much.

Where do you get your book plot ideas from? What/Who is your inspiration?
Dreams, other books and films. Ideas are coming to me all the time.

Do you have anybody read your books and give you reviews before you officially release them?ie. Your partner, children, friends, reviewers you know?
My friends and beta readers. I try to get ARC to as many people as I can.

Do you gift books to readers to do reviews?
Yes

Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?
I try to, but I know that I shouldn’t.

How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book/books?Who designed the Cover of your books?
I always design my own covers. I buy a lot stock pictures which I really like and then I add what I need in the end.

Do you basic plot/plan for your book, before you actually begin writing it out? Or do you let the writing flow and see where it takes the story?
Sometimes I plan the story, so I know what I have to write in the next few chapters and sometimes the writing just flows.

Which format of book do you prefer, ebook,hardback, or paperback?
Since I discovered kindle I do prefer ebooks.

What is your favourite book and Why?  Have you read it more than once?
Harry Potter series, I can read this over and over again. I love the world that JK Rowling created. It’s so unique.

Do you think ebooks will ever totally replace printed books?
No, I think there still will be people that would enjoy printed books.

Did you read a lot at school and write lots of stories or is being a writer something newer in your life?
I have always been an avid reader and I wrote a lot of stories when I was in school. I can’t imagine doing anything else.

Do you have a favourite genre of book?
Paranormal Romance

Where can readers follow you?

No comments:

Post a Comment