Thursday 9 August 2012

PROMOTIONAL SPOTLIGHT - THE GREY CAT BY TORYN CHAPMAN




BLURB from Goodreads
When Jillian Barrett’s aged but lively mother, Elizabeth, grows short-tempered and suspicious, Alzheimer’s disease is the furthest cause from Jillian’s mind. But once the truth is dramatically revealed, Jillian fights to care for her mother, risking her closest relationships while she copes with Elizabeth’s ever more unpredictable behaviour. 

What she can never know are the experiences that, seventy years ago, shaped her mother’s life and to which she is increasingly drawn back. Left in a Depression-era orphanage following a family tragedy, Elizabeth had to care for her young sister and brother, and endure a heartless institution. 

The separate stories of past and present touch in ways neither Jillian nor Elizabeth understand, until they meet at last in a stunning climax that will make your heart ring.

'It broke my heart, it made me smile and it gave me a sense of comfort that I haven't had since I lost my Mum. Thank you for writing this flawless and utterly compassionate book, I loved it.'
Lyn Paul, English singer and actress

‘A terrific piece of writing. Warm and poignant and honest. I could identify at every turn of the page...It is not just a moving account of Alzheimer's but a wonderful account of a woman’s life and her relationship with her daughter. I highly recommend it.’
Lynda Bellingham, UK actress and author

‘A terrific book. I started reading it and I could not put it down. Beautifully written.’
Ita Buttrose, Australian business woman

‘This book is not just for those dealing with a family member with Alzheimer’s. It is a beautiful story about the relationship between a mother and daughter and coming to terms with watching someone you love slip away. It reminds you that life is precious and that past experiences shape the people we are. When I finally put it down I called my mum and told her how much she means to me.’
Doris Younane, Australian actress.



Available at Amazon.co.uk 

No comments:

Post a Comment