Wednesday 29 August 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - JEDI GONG



What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
Jedidiah Gong of Tucson, Arizona.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say?
The Last Judges. Eight diverse Americans displaced by apocalyptic events struggle to discern their unique destinies: The Last Judges.

Who is your publisher? or do you self publish?
This is an indie-published title, though I do plan to query a few agents before the end of 2012.

What can we expect from you in the future?  ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?
My brand is “Tales of Superhumans” and you can expect more action/adventure with mystery and horror leanings.

Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
I am planning a new project with no story-telling relation to The Last Judges.

What genre would you place your books into?
The most appropriate seems to be Urban Fantasy.

What made you decide to write that genre of book?
I guess you have to write about what you know...

Where do you get your book plot ideas from?What/Who is your inspiration?
My favorite movies give me the most fodder. I try to capture that perfect movie experience in each scene I write.

Do you decide on character traits (ie shy, quiet, tomboy girl) before writing the whole book or as you go along?
You should have a full understanding of every character's traits, history, developmental arch and related story-lines before deciding that they're worthy of storytelling.

Do you basic plot/plan for your book, before you actually begin writing it out? Or do you let the writing flow and see where it takes the story?
The more planning the better. Make it easier on yourself: Fail to plan and plan to fail.

How do you market/promote your books?
I think illustrations have a forgotten place there. I incorporated 30 black and white illustrations in The Last Judges to give it something unique, possibly eye-catching.

Are there any hidden messages or morals contained in your books? (Morals as in like Aesops Fables type of "The moral of this story is..")
The best stories have morals. The actions and attitudes of the heroes in The Last Judges display clear moral themes during the grand finale.

Did you read a lot at school and write lots of stories or is being a writer something newer in your life?
I developed a love for writing stories in elementary school.

Did you have a favourite author as a child?
Ray Bradbury. I felt like he represented the classic Twilight Zone era of fiction. R.I.P.

Is there anything in your book/books you would change now if you could and what would it be?
I wouldn't change anything – it was all planned meticulously. Nonetheless, the project I'm developing next bears no resemblance to the Last Judges except that it will be in the voice of Jedi Gong, the Teller of Tales of Superhumans.

Do you or would you ever use a pen name?
Jedi Gong is my son's name and my pseudonym, the full name being Jedidiah Isaac Gong.

Where can readers follow you?

Your Blog Details?
Your Web Site? 
Your Facebook page?
Your Twitter details? 

And any other information you wish to supply?

Hardcovers from Lulu: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/JediGong
PDF download store only $2.80: http://store.payloadz.com/go?id=1041611

No comments:

Post a Comment