Monday 27 August 2012

STITCH BY SAMANTHA DURANTE

ISBN: 0985804602
Publisher: Self Published
Pages: 314
Formats Available: Paperback, Kindle

BLURB from Goodreads
Her heart races, her muscles coil, and every impulse in Alessa's body screams at her to run... but yet she's powerless to move.

Still struggling to find her footing after the sudden death of her parents, the last thing college freshman Alessa has the strength to deal with is the inexplicable visceral pull drawing her to a handsome ghostly presence. In between grappling with exams and sorority soirees - and disturbing recurring dreams of being captive in a futuristic prison hell - Alessa is determined to unravel the mystery of the apparition who leaves her breathless. But the terrifying secret she uncovers will find her groping desperately through her nightmares for answers.

Because what Alessa hasn't figured out yet is that she's not really a student, the object of her obsession is no ghost, and her sneaking suspicions that something sinister is lurking behind the walls of her university's idyllic campus are only just scratching the surface...

The opening installment in a twist-laden trilogy, Stitch spans the genres of paranormal romance and dystopian sci-fi to explore the challenges of a society in transition, where morality, vision, and pragmatism collide leaving the average citizen to suffer the results.


Available at Amazon.co.uk


MY REVIEW
I was sent both a kindle copy and paperback copy of Stitch to review by Samantha Durante. I loved this as, although I like reading on my kindle, I still love holding and reading a physical book too!
I like the cover of this book, the eyes draw you into the book and make you want to know more. I would certainly pick this one up in a store. Then the blurb would make me want to know even more.
It's a difficult one to describe without giving away any spoilers, so forgive me if I don't describe in great detail. The book starts down one path, (that I thought was going to be a ghost story), then it twisted and I thought it was a time-travel story and then the final twist made it fall into the post apocalyptic/dystopian genre. 
I love the descriptions and the visual images produced of the characters. So my favourite character is Issac, his eyes sound so gorgeous *sighs* I love how he feels so protective of Aleesa even though, at certain points in the story he doesn't know who she really is, and what she really means to him. Of course I like Aleesa as she is a main character, she is a strong female character, in that she doesn't sit down and let things unfold around her, if she doesn't like something she isn't afraid to rebel and/or make a stand. I also like Janie, the sacrifice she makes in the book for her sister to escape is done with no fuss, without her sisters knowledge, it is done so selflessly.
I loved all the twists and turns in Stitch. I usually don't go for ghost type stories, but I loved the way this one was going and it really drew me in then it twisted to bring in a time-travel element possibility, and I thought I wasn't going to like the direction the book was going in. So then I just got used to the time travel possibility, when the direction twisted again to a more dystopian edge. Then you read further and realise that there had been this undercurrent of a dystopian edge running in the background throughout the whole book. I really loved this book all the way through. The book ends on a cliff hanger, which makes you want book two straight away. Then right at the end of the book there is a sneak peek into Book 2, Shudder. I am now (im)patiently waiting for book 2!
So did I enjoy the book? Yes it was totally different from anything I have read so far. Would I recommend? Yes. Would I read a Book 2 or more by Samantha Durante? Yes to both!


Available at Amazon.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment