Wednesday 29 August 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW & PROMOTIONAL SPOTLIGHT - CAROL CASSADA





What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
My name’s Carol Cassada and I was born in Danville, VA. I live in Ringgold, VA, which is in the suburbs and only a ten minute drive away from the city of Danville. It’s a small quiet town with nothing much to do.

When did you first consider yourself as a "writer"?
I considered myself a writer when my first book Going Home Again was published because it meant all my hard work paid off and I had broken into the professional field. When I got published, I felt that I could finally call myself a writer.

Did it take a long time to get your first book published?
It did take a long time for me to get my book published. I started writing my book in December 2008 and I finished it in April. Immediately I began sending out query letters and all I got was rejection, which was tough. I kept thinking there’s no way I’m ever going to get published and I should just give up, but luckily I didn’t. In October of that year I received a contract from Romance Divine and my book was released in February 2010.

Do you work another job as well as your writing work?
Besides writing, I have a number of work from home jobs which includes a ChaCha guide, a transcriber, and a freelance assistant. I tend to work during the day and write during the night.

Which of your books were easier/harder to write than the others?
My first book Going Home Again was the easiest to write because it was a regular romance novel with two characters falling in love. Westmore on the other hand was a bit harder because it’s modeled after a soap opera and there are seventeen characters in the book and I have to write individual storylines for them and find ways to connect them to other characters.

What can we expect from you in the future?  ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?
I’ve got the Westmore series planned for at least 10 volumes and I’m going to continue with the romance genre. Although down the line I’d like to switch to other genres and maybe try my hand at script writing.

Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?
I do read all the reviews for my books, although I sometimes have difficulty reading bad reviews.

What was the toughest/best review you have ever had?
One of the best reviews I had was from Long and Short Reviews; they gave Going Home Again a 4 book rating and had positive things to say about the novel. To get a good review for your first book is a huge compliment.
Westmore on the other hand has received mixed reviews, some of them negative. Most of the bloggers said they couldn’t keep up with the flow of the story and didn’t understand its concept.

Which format of book do you prefer, ebook,hardback, or paperback?
I’ve always been a paperback and hardback reader, but within the last two years I’ve embraced ebooks and I even broke down and got an e-reader for Christmas. Personally, I don’t care what format a book’s in, if it sounds interesting I’ll give it a try.

Do you think ebooks will ever totally replace printed books?
Even though ebooks are popular, I don’t think they’ll totally replace printed books.  While some readers are embracing ebooks, there are other who prefer print over digital. In my opinion, I think there’s room for both print and ebooks in the literary world.

Where can readers follow you?

Your Web Site? 

Your Facebook page? 


Your Twitter details?  


BLURB from Goodreads
Set in a fictional New England town, follow the lives of three families; The Greens, the Braxtons, and the Reynolds. The Greens: * Widowed matriarch Charlotte never thought she could find love again after the death of her husband Michael, until handsome Detective Bryant comes to her rescue. * Youngest son Peter returns home from college with his new girlfriend, who's ten years older than him, and is a problem for Mama Charlotte. * Scott and Alicia are singing siblings who are on their way to the top, until tragedy strikes one night. The Braxtons: * Andrew Braxton is a ruthless and powerful businessman who runs his household the same way he runs his company, with an iron fist. Upon learning his son Wayne plans on abandoning the family company, he'll do everything in his heart to stop him from leaving. The Reynolds: * After the divorce Laura Reynolds and her daughter Megan move back home with her father, where she plans to start life anew, but little does she know that it's not easy to escape your past.


BLURB from Amazon.co.uk
In the eagerly anticipated sequel, a car crash leaves Alicia fighting for survival as her family comes together in her time of need. Meanwhile Andrew and Elizabeth, team up to protect their son and conceal his role in the accident.

Will The Greens suffer the death of another loved one? Will The Braxtons put aside their hostility and stick together during the crisis? Plus what other drama awaits the families, find out in Westmore: The Aftermath.

No comments:

Post a Comment