Thursday 11 August 2011

AUTHOR INTERVIEW BY LESLIE ANN WRIGHT


Leslie Ann Wright wrote Splintered ; Sierra's Legacy
http://jeanzbookreadnreview.blogspot.com/2011/08/splintered-sierras-legacy-by-leslie-ann.html this is the link to my review of Leslie's book.

What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
I live in the Northwest in Idaho. I was born in Montana, and I have not moved too far from my roots. i grew up in a very small town in Idaho that only has only 382 people.


What is the name of your latest book? and if you had to summarise it in less than twenty words what would you say?
My latest book is Splintered; Sierra's legacy. it is currently out for editing and should be updated within the next few months. 


Do you have plans for a new book? is it part of a series?
I am currently working on one of the prequels called Splintered; The Missing Keeper. It will take you back in time on Allure and give you a good insight into some of the characters that have a small part in the first book. They are mentioned only in passing, and yet are an important part of the story, and so they come forth with their strengths and their flaws, with new magic as well. It will be a bit darker than Sierra's legacy, and written in a stand alone style, so whilst it is part of the Splintered Series it will be a story unto itself too. When I have completed Splintered; The Missing Keeper I will be working on the Eldwitch Chronicles, a story of how the Splintered worlds came to be, and also a sequel to Sierra's Legacy , and a continuation of the stories of Sierra and her sister Kreesa.


How long have you been writing? and Who or What inspired you to write?
I have been writing for about 15 years, but had not completed any work until recently. I have many partially completed works, with interesting and unique stories, so I should be able to stay busy for some time. Besides fantasy I am also working on a cozy mystery. I am inspired by many of my favourite authors as well as the books they wrote that took me into various adventures along with the characters. Some of my favourite authors have been Piers Anthony, Marion Zimmer Bradley,Nora Roberts and Jack London.


Do you gift books to readers to review?
Yes!


How do you come up with titles and covers for your book/books? and who designed the book covers?
I took a poll of my most recent book of all my family members and friends. The cover is very important to me, and I look for a cover that represents either the story, or a character in the story. I design my own book covers.


Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events that have happened to you?
Yes my cozy mystery has characters that are based on my children and there will be other family members in the background.


Is there a certain author that has influenced your writing?
I have to think, that would be both Piers Anthony, who brought humour to reading and Marion Zimmer Bradley who brought the love of dragons.


Which format of book do you prefer ebook, hardback or paperback?
I prefer paperbacks.


What is your favourite book and why? and have you read it more than once?
My favourite book is the Last Unicorn by C.S. Lewis. I have read it many, many times.


Do you think books transfer to movies well? Which is your favourite/worst book to movie transfer?
Some books transfer to movies quite well. Some books are even better in movies, but some are clearly not as good in movies. I think one of my favourites would be Pelican Brief by Gresham.


What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it? (ebook, paperback or hardback)
Oh...my...I read about 4 to 5 books a week! and have enjoyed most of everything I have read. I am currently reading Invisible Dawn ; Book of the Altered Realities by Weston Kincade on Smashwords.


Is there a book you know you will never read? or one you tried to read but just could not finish?
I haven't found one yet!


Are there any New Authors you are interested in for us to watch out for? And why should we watch out for them?
Laurel Dewey is a great author,  she uses a bit of paranormal in an intriguing thriller type of setting which gives it a great flavour. I also like Charlie Courtland's writing, she has done some great historical fiction. It is hard to stick with just a few as I am always discovering more daily. I also like Paul Keefe and John Stipa, both authors are great character builders.


Is there anything in your book/books that you would change if you could and why?
I think the one thing I would change would be to have gotten a professional edit sooner, the story deserves it.


What do you think about book trailers?
I really like them, but have not done one yet. It is in my plans.


What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?
Patience, even when you think everything is done and polished, look again. Do not ever give up. If you have a story - tell it!


Do you ever use a pen name?
I do not at this time, but if and when I change genres, I would think it would be the right thing to do. It is confusing to the reader to change horses in midstream, so to speak.




Where can readers follow you?
Your blog details? My Review site is http://www.wrighton-time.blogspot.com
Your web site ? My Author Site is http://wrightontime.wordpress.com
Your facebook page? None Yet, currently under construction.
Your Goodreads author page?  http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4881048
Your Twitter details? 
http://twitter.com/LeslieTicToc







Thank you for taking the time to take part in this Author Interview and allowing us a glimpse into your writing world.



No comments:

Post a Comment