Friday 12 August 2011

THE SUMMONING BY KELLEY ARMSTRONG

ISBN: 9780061662690
Publisher: HarperCollins
Pages: 390
Formats Available: Paperback, Kindle

BLURB from Goodreads
My name is Chloe Saunders and my life will never be the same again.

All I wanted was to make friends, meet boys, and keep on being ordinary. I don't even know what that means anymore. It all strated on the say that I saw my first ghost - and the ghost saw me.

Now there are ghosts everywhere and they won't leave me alone. To top it all off, I somehow got myself locked up in Lyle House, a "special home" for troubled teens. Yet the home isn't what it seems. Don't tell anyone, but I think there might be more to my housemates than meets the eye. The question is, whose side are they on? it's up to me to figure out the dangerous secrets behind Lyle House...before its skeletons come back to haunt me.


MY REVIEW
The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong is book one in her Darkest Powers series and is aimed at the Young Adult/Teen market, though I read it myself (being well past a teenager!) and still enjoyed them.
Chloe Saunders has moved around a lot since her mother's death, she is attending art school and following her dream of becoming a director. She's doing all the normal stuff, making friends and meeting boys, her biggest concern is her body isn't developing as fast as she would like. Everything changes when she hits her teens, and of course puberty. Chloe starts seeing ghosts everywhere and they are demanding her attention, whether she wants it or not. When Chloe suffers a breakdown her Aunt suggests she try Lyle House. Lyle House is a group home that has been recommended to Lauren her Aunt.
Chloe at first seems to settle in at Lyle House, though she does worry that she has some sort of mental illness. As she gets to know the other kids she realises they all have a similar problem, they all have some sort of unusual power. I loved this book, it was great working out what Lyle House was and what they were up to. I also enjoyed wondering about which kid had which power. It has a few twists thrown in too.

Available at Amazon.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment