Wednesday 28 October 2015

RELEASE DAY BLITZ - ARMISTICE - THE SOVEREIGN SPELL CHRONICLES BY S. MARIE CARLSON

Title: Armistice
Series: The Sovereign Spell Chronicles
Author: S. Marie Carlson
Publisher: Indigo Moon Press
Release Date: 28th October 2015

BLURB from Goodreads
With Junie Cauldwell’s 16th birthday comes an unexpected gift—she’s a witch, one in a long line of women who either mastered their magic or succumbed to the power it offered. 

Social outcast Junie has only ever found comfort in two things: her best friend Miles (who’s suddenly “friendlier” than ever), and Armistice Manor, a remote hotel run by her Aunt Melinda. Things are different at Armistice this visit however, and not just because Junie can now bring inanimate objects to life. Unusual guests from the hidden land of Lothea fill the rooms, all seeking one thing: protection. 

When her aunt disappears, Junie is forced to search Lothea’s wild and enchanted terrain, accompanied by a motley band of exiled residents. But no amount of preparation readies the young witch for what is waiting on the other side of her new life … or who.


PURCHASE LINKS


AUTHOR INTERVIEW
What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now? 
I was born in western Wisconsin and I still live there.

Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?
No, I wanted to be an animator for Disney.

When did you first consider yourself as a "writer"?
When I hired an editor.

Did it take a long time to get your first book published?
Yes, about 4 years, but I wasn't working on it consistently.

 Do you work another job as well as your writing work?
Yes and no, we own a hobby farm and I love to craft things and illustrate, so as for an actual job, no. I would consider myself an 'unjobber'.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say? 
Armistice.  Junie Cauldwell is 16, a witch, and must save her aunt from the enchanted land of Lothea.

Who is your publisher? or do you self publish?
I published with Indigo Moon Press, which is my publishing company. So technically yes I did self publish, but my company is open to submissions.

Do you have a "lucky charm" or "lucky routine" you follow when waiting for your book to be accepted by a publisher?
No. 

How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?
For Armistice it took 4 years but once I started writing consistently it only took about a year.

Which of your books were easier/harder to write than the others?
I don't know yet. 

What can we expect from you in the future?  ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre? 
A bit of both.

Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Yes, I have plans for many more, I just have to get them out on paper. And yes, Armistice is part of a series.

What genre would you place your books into?
The S. Marie Carlson Genre. I have ideas for every genre. (Well, almost any)

If you had to choose to be one of your characters in your book/books which would you be? and why?
Right now I would have to pick Melinda from Armistice. I think she behaves the way I do in my mind, but never have the guts to actually show it. Actually I can't say never, there was that one time ...

Do you have anybody read your books and give you reviews before you officially release them? ie. Your partner, children, friends, reviewers you know? 
Yes I do. 

Do you gift books to readers to do reviews?
Yes.

Do you read all the reviews of your book/books? 
Yes

Would you ever ask a reviewer to change their review if it was not all positive about your book/books? 
NO. Never. That is there honest review. Everyone has the authority to say whether they like my book or not. I can't please everyone. 

How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book/books?Who designed the Cover of your books?
Actually, I designed my own cover. I guess that is a perk of being an artist and an author. Total control.

Do you think books transfer to movies well? Which is you favourite/worst  book to movie transfer?
I think it can be done well, but usually the author needs to be on the production team. I don't necessarily have a favorite, but the worst I believe was Ella Enchanted. It was absolutely nothing like the book. It made me sad. 

What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it?(ebook, hardback or paperback)
Do you think ebooks will ever totally replace printed books? NEVER!!! There is something nostalgic about picking up a good book. The look of the cover and possible embossing. The feel of the crisp paper between your fingers. The smell of the paper and glue coming together to create a tome ready to invigorate your imagination. There will always be printed books.  


Where can readers follow you?
Goodreads author page: www.goodreads.com/smariecarlson
Twitter: @smariecarlson

No comments:

Post a Comment