Sunday 4 October 2015

BOOK PROMOTION - TEST DRIVE - THE BACHELOR SERIES BY AVONLEA COLE

Title: Test Drive
Series: The Bachelor Series BK#1
Author: Avonlea Cole
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: 1st July 2015

BLURB from Goodreads
 With his thirtieth birthday approaching, Wyatt Sloane II (Drew) is looking to settle down. Growing tired of his rich playboy lifestyle and the ever increasing pressure to take over the family business, Drew realizes that it’s time to get serious about his future and whom to spend it with. 
There’s only one problem . . . 
He doesn’t know what kind of girl he wants. Tired of the money hungry socialites knocking at his door, he is determined to find a girl that sweeps him off his feet. 
The solution . . . 
Findtheone.com—an online dating site that provides the anonymity he needs to hide his status and access to a variety of women. When he hits the submit button on his profile, the results are stunning. He never dreamed that so many beautiful women would be available. 
Who will he choose? 
Follow Drew on his ride to finding himself and the woman of his dreams. 
This will be a Test Drive you won’t want to miss. 

Goodreads Link

PURCHASE LINKS


AUTHOR INTERVIEW

Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?
I've wanted to be many different things but a writer is one of them.

When did you first consider yourself as a "writer"?
I can remember back to when I was maybe 10 when I used to sit up in a cherry tree writing short stories. I love reading/writing.

Do you work another job as well as your writing work?
I have a full time job during the day and I have three children 6 and under.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say?
I'm working on the second book of the Bachelor Series, Boot Camp. It's about a soldier who comes home from the war and is interviewed on the news where it is mentioned that he is single. The positive response sparks the idea of a love boot camp.

Who is your publisher? or do you self publish?
Self Publish

Do you have a "lucky charm" or "lucky routine" you follow when waiting for your book to be accepted by a publisher?
No I am at their mercy! 

How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?
It's been taking about 2 months for the whole thing to be written and then I go back later to polish it.

Which of your books were easier/harder to write than the others?
Test Drive was the easiest. I had so many ideas that just seemed to flow.

What can we expect from you in the future?  ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?
I will most always lean towards Romance but I have had a few twisted ideas I might get to one day.

What genre would you place your books into?
Contemporary Romance

What made you decide to write that genre of book?
I love fairytales and the journey to find love.

Do you have a favourite out of the books you have written? If so why is it your favourite?
Test Drive only because I like the writing from a male's point of view. Each of the books I've written are different though.

Do you have a favourite character from your books? and why are they your favourite? 
Caleb Weston from Escape to You. He is so protective and aware of Cara it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

If you had to choose to be one of your characters in your book/books which would you be? and why?
Avery from Bad Advice.. I love giving advice as well and she really has a cool lifestyle.

Where do you get your book plot ideas from?What/Who is your inspiration?
It amazes me how ideas snowball into a well developed book I usually start with an idea or phrase and build on it.

Do you gift books to readers to do reviews?
Yes I love hearing the feedback.

How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book/books?Who designed the Cover of your books?
Letitia Hasser and Erin Miller have done all of my work thus far and they are both very talented.

Do you choose a title first, or write the book then choose the title?
Title first..

How do you come up with characters names and place names in your books? Babynames.com lol and I use a lot of my favorite names.

Are character names and place names decided after there creation? or do you pick a character/place name and then invent them?
Before although I do consider their personality and location when deciding.

Do you decide on character traits (ie shy, quiet, tomboy girl) before writing the whole book or as you go along?
The basics before and the small details during the book.

Do you basic plot/plan for your book, before you actually begin writing it out? Or do you let the writing flow and see where it takes the story?
I have the basics, but the rest is flow. I had no idea who Drew would choose until about half way through.

What do you think makes a book a really good/bestseller ?
The emotional attachment. People like to feel there way through a book so if a writer can evoke emotions in a person or fill a void somehow I believe that makes it a best seller.

Have you ever suffered from a "writer's block"? What did you do to get past the "block"?
I am very determined and so I haven't hit a block thus far but I'm new.

What do you do to unwind and relax? Do you have a hobby?
TV lol

Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you?
Not yet but there is still time.. I have used places I've been like the water park in Test Drive.

Are there any hidden messages or morals contained in your books? (Morals as in like Aesops Fables type of "The moral of this story is..")
I'm not sure about morals, but I want my readers to see the transformation of my characters both the main and the background characters.

Which format of book do you prefer, ebook, hardback, or paperback?
I used to say paperback but ebooks are amazing for night time reading.

What is your favourite book and Why? Have you read it more than once?
The English Garden Series by Lori Wick. I have read them all several times.

Do you think books transfer to movies well? Which is you favourite/worst  book to movie transfer?
Yes and I can see my book's movie playing in my head as I write. Harry Potter is amazing.

Do you think ebooks will ever totally replace printed books?
I hope not. My goal is to have an entire bookshelf of my own books.... one day.

Do you think children at schools these days are encouraged enough to read? and/or do Imaginative writing?
No I wish kids took more time to explore through words.

Did you read a lot at school and write lots of stories or is being a writer something newer in your life?
Yes I was in all kinds of Advanced English course with Emily Snow actually. We wrote a lot together growing up.

Do you have a treasured book from your childhood? If yes, what is it?
Surprise Island- part of the Boxcar Children.

Do you have a favourite genre of book?
I actually like Christian Romance.

What do you think about book trailers?
They are neat!

What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?
Don't give up.

Do you or would you ever use a pen name?
I have a pen name, but it does have meaning to me.
  
Where can readers follow you? I am still learning social media!



No comments:

Post a Comment