Monday 29 July 2013

TEN SONGS THAT GET THE WRITING ENERGY FLOWING FOR M.A. GEORGE

Ten Songs That Get the Writing Energy Flowing

           Those who know me well will attest to the fact that I have a wee bit of an obsession with music.  Those who don’t know me from Eve can be brought up to speed with a quick glance over my spiffy author bio…Or if you happen to be standing outside my window right now (creepy, by the way), I’m the one with the netbook perched on my lap and ear buds permanently wedged in my ears, bobbing my head like a total dork as I rock out to tunes whilst I type up this riveting sentence.  (And quite the run-on sentence it turned out to be…Oopsie.)
           The point of all this rambling is…I *heart* tunes.  Not just while writing—but especially while writing.  I have amassed quite a stockpile of music in my iTunes library, and I thought it would be fun to play a game of “Let’s see what pops up next on the shuffle…”
           So, in no particular order, here are the first ten songs that came up on my writing playlist shuffle.  “What makes these your writing songs?” you ask.  My answer:  I haven’t the foggiest idea.  Yet here they are, sitting in my happy little playlist, just waiting to be shared with you…

1. “Madness”, Muse
2. “When Your Mind’s Made Up”, Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová
3. “Nothing Left to Say”, Imagine Dragons
4. “Love is Blindness”, Jack White (Covering the greatness that is U2)
5. “Poison and Wine”, The Civil Wars
6. “The End”, Kings of Leon
7. “Hear You Me”, Jimmy Eat World
8. “Six Weeks”, Of Monsters and Men
9. “Some Nights”, Fun.
10. “No Light, No Light”, Florence + The Machine

1 comment:

  1. Very cool playlist here. I can totally dig it.

    I can respect pretty much any interest in music even if it's music I don't like. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that some people don't like music.

    I think music and writing together can be quite magical.

    ReplyDelete